Chp 46

Notes:

Hello! I did some art that I'll probably post on my tumblr, it's Noot and Luna hanging out. I don't know if I will though, I'm bad at drawing so self-conscious and all that jazz. Anyway, this chp explains a bit, and sort of sets the multiverse a bit more, because I got a comment or two about it over the different platforms this is on. If you have any questions just ask, bacause if they're meant to get answered later I'll just tell you. Anyway, enjoy <3

Now he knew how it felt. He knew why humans hated him. Why they could die from a rejection. It wasn't just misery. It hurt. It physically hurt. He'd done this to you twice? How were you still even talking to him?

"ok..." That's all he could utter.

"Wait. I have an idea." You paused. He didn't know why. Maybe you were wondering if you should say something. "Are you free on Friday?"

"In two days?" You nod. "I can be." It didn't take much to clear his schedule. He could just move the mission planned for Friday to tomorrow.

"You can take me on a date. A proper one. Then I'll decide. Right now it's a maybe." You sigh, rubbing the back of your neck awkwardly. It was cute. Well it was better than a no.

"Thank you." He mumbled, blushing slightly.

"Don't mention it. I get free food, so it's a win." You laugh as you step through the portal. "Bye." You smile, giving him an adorable little wave.

"Bye."

"Boss." Killer's voice sounded through the door to his office. He never knocked. Why didn't he knock? Nightmare had no clue. He'd come to accept this. "Boss." He repeated. If he thought Nightmare would humour him by looking up from his desk then he was wrong. "Bossbossbossbossbossbossbo-"

" What. "

"Whens training dayyyyyy?" Killer asked, rocking on his heels as he slammed the door. Nightmare twitched before he carried on writing. The boys knew he hated sudden loud bangs. Especially Killer. What was he trying to do?

"Hmm?" He made a passively listening noise and Killer sat on the chair in front of his desk, messing with a knife absent-mindedly.

"The training day you promised us for this week. Remember? You said you were gonna join in because you wanted to say sorry and this was like, a present." Killer reminded him. He really couldn't be bothered this week though. Fighting the boys was its own whole thing because he had to be fully alert to make sure he didn't hurt them.

"Surely you've all had enough fun this week. You've been on three missions, one of which I let you all do whatever you wanted. Could it get rescheduled?" He sighed, trying to focus. Then again, it as bound to be hard to focus on working when you're most hyperactive of the group was sat in front of you playing with knives.

"Ugh. Boss you're always moving the fun stuff. I want to kick your ass!" He huffs, putting the knives wherever he stores them and shoving his hands in his pockets. Honestly, Nightmare didn't know where he kept all his knives, and he didn't care.

"Killer, I'm very busy at the moment. Could you just be patient for five minutes?" He replies, sounding slightly irriatated now. Well he was, Killer should get the hint and quit while he was ahead. Who was he kidding, Killer never quit while he was ahead. Not once.

"You never find time for us anymore, what the hells up with that huh? I didn't agree to being your right hand to get ignored." Killer said loudly, causing Nightmare to flinch again. Damn it Killer.

"No. You agreed because I saved your life. So if you could maybe be grateful-" He nearly shouted, dropping everything and looking up at Killer.

"Don't flatter yourself. I was living just fine in my Au." He smirks, crossing his arms. He knew he'd hit a nerve, and he was being smug about it.