A chilling development...

The ancient land of Frigid is one filled with ice, snow, and nothingness. No trees, no monsters, no anything. It was abandoned by all...except for one kingdom.

The Penguins, an ancient and powerful race, known for their cunning and bravery, were situated here. They had moved here years ago to avoid the conflicts that the rest of the land faced on a daily basis. It was a tactical move, but it did not fully keep them out of harm's way. They had their own challenges to face when it came to food and water....but now....they have a new challenge on the horizon.

Multiple pillars of lava rush towards the kingdom as a shadow, the size of a city, is cast overhead.

The first thing of the ginormous island that cuts through the clouds is a face. The face seems to depict some sort of large fire breathing monster. It's the face of...Bowser.

The ship stops as a variety of chains launch towards the ground and sink into the ice, pulling the entire structure back down to earth with a loud BOOM.

Then, the koopa's arrive.

Turtles that stand upright, koopas, begin falling to the ground within the confines of their shells. Once they land, they then pop out with spears in hand.

First it's just a few, then it's tens, then hundreds, then thousands, until a large army is formed around the entirety of the fortress.

The penguins watch as this happens from the safety of their fortress, with the King glaring at the ugly mug of the ship.

Then, a magical mist of purple flies down to the ground and transforms into a small wizard with large glasses.

Magikoopa: "FRIGID! BRING YOURSELF FORWARD TO BARE WITNESS TO THE AWESOME MIGHT...OF THE KING OF THE KOOPAS!"

The mouth of the ship opens to reveal a large, turtle like creature, who is masked by fire and smoke. The creature walks, each step causing the ground to shake, as he makes his way to the front of the army.

He is a horrible monster of a being.

He has horns on his head. He has spikes on his shell. He is far larger then any of the other koopas....and he is mad.

He is Bowser.

He reaches the front of his troops...and begins to speak....

Bowser: "Inhabitants of Frigid! I understand that my...arrival today was unexpected and therefore...intrusive. I am Bowser, leader of the koopas...and soon to be leader of you as well."

The penguins look to each other as their king snarls.

Bowser: "...Haven't you ever wondered what it would be like to be united against disagreements? United against weakness? United against those who wish to destroy us?!? Well I have....and I have seen a vision! A vision of a world where all of the monsters, all of the koopas, goombas, toads, and....humans....are united.... This is a world....I can provide...for I have provided this vision! And I have the means to provide the future, as well!"

The king then balls his fins into fists and walks over to grab a spear. He then makes his way towards the gates as multiple penguins follow suit.

Bowser: "If you will show yourself, and admit allegiance to the KOOPA EMPIRE...then I will spare your kingdom and your powers...but if you don't......I will take them by force!"

King Penguin: "You will do no such thing!"

The front gates open to reveal the King and his army.

King Penguin: "Our kingdom is our own! Your conquest for domination has no place here!"

Bowser: "This is no conquest! It is simply a peaceful alliance...if you allow it to be so?"

King Penguin: "....I do not....CHARGE!"

The Penguin army then charges towards the koopas. They are reluctant at first, sure, but their King strives them to move forward so they will listen. They then begin grabbing up snow and using it to throw snowballs at the koopas and Bowser, none of it actually doing much of anything at all.

Bowser looks around, seemingly disgusted by the penguins display of attack, until finally, the king runs towards him with his spear forward.

Bowser grins, puts out his hand, and stops the king by lifting him up by the head.

Penguin King: "Uh....that was just a taste of our fury.... Do you yield?"

Bowser: "...I considered it odd that you weren't using any of your power ups....but then I realized that in this poor, desolate wasteland...power ups aren't easy to come by!  So you must be hoarding them for a day when they're REALLY necessary. Which is smart, but it was also your downfall in this fight....KOOPAS! Show them what you got!"

Koopas begin using power ups as they attack with all their might. Fire balls launch across the field, cat koopas play with the penguins like yarn balls, tanooki koopas spin and then hit the penguins with their tails, and the penguins just run wild. The king looks around in horror as he sees his troops scatter and begin to lose. He's focused on his army...until Bowser pulls him a bit closer.

Bowser: "Oh, and in regards to your whole yielding thing? I do not."

He then drops the Penguin and begins walking towards the castle.

Bowser: "If you do not wish to help me, fine, you don't have to yet, but there are some...supplies we need from you right now!"

Bowser then bends forward and shoots out a ray of fire that instantly melts through the kingdom, bringing it down entirely as the ice shatters and melts into water.

The penguins watch in horror as everything they built up, everything they preserved, everything they knew....was destroyed.

Bowser then turns, once the deed is done, and speaks to his army.

Bowser: "Take their power ups! Secure a perimeter! Show the Mushroom Kingdom...that we mean business...."

Bowser then walks away as the koopas work to advance on the rubble, bring the penguins onto their ship, and build a castle over the destroyed remains.

Magikoopa: "Oh King Bowser! May your efforts be fruitful and your victory nigh! For who could possibly wish to stand against you?"

Bowser, while walking by, stops and turns to smirk at him.

Bowser: "No one, that's who..."

Frigid is destroyed. Their power ups are gone. The Mushroom Kingdom will soon meet the same fate and no heroes are to be found to stop it....