The Toad Cafe!

Inside a small mushroom building on a cliff side rests one of the best and only cafes in all of The Mushroom kingdom.

Here, Toads come to drink coffee, eat salads, and acquire power ups. Even now, a multitude of Toads crowd inside the somewhat small bar and dining area, but maybe they're here for a different reason this time....

Mario taps on a cup of Joe as Toadsworth takes a long sip of a glass of tea.

Mario watches outside the window as Toads walk around the kingdom below. He also watches Yoshi as he chews on along blade of grass that begins to whip him around and slap him against the ground as nearby Toads watch.

Mario: "....Toadsworth?"

Toadsworth holds up a finger while finishing his sip. He then smacks his lips together before looking at his meal companion.

Toadsworth: "....Yes? Mister Mario?"

Mario: "Why are Yoshis so.....uh...."

Toadsworth: "Caring?"

Mario nods.

Toadsworth: "Well....all Yoshis produce eggs..."

Mario: "What?"

Toadsworth: "It's true! However, only the female's eggs actually contain Yoshis inside."

Mario: "What? Why do they all produce eggs then?"

Toadsworth: "Well, Yoshis usually use the eggs as projectiles to defend themselves..."

Mario stares at Toadsworth before staring out as the Yoshi below.

Mario: "And how does that translate to them being caring?"

Toadsworth: "Because the males demonstrate the same amount of parental care as the females, but because the females take the babies into hiding, the males don't have anyone to care for. They lay eggs but have no young, so they treat the entire world as their young, taking care of all that seem lost or weak."

Mario: "Well....I am lost....but I'm not weak!"

Toadsworth: "I would say that that depends on your perspective."

Mario narrows his eyes.

Mario: "Why is Peach the only human here?"

Toadsworth puts down the cup.

Toadsworth: "....Because of Bowser...."

Mario: "What? What did he do?"

Toadsworth looks around before leaning in closer and speaking in a hushed tone.

Toadsworth: "How much do you know about Bowser?"

Mario: "Not much..."

Toadsworth: "....Years ago, humans ruled the land. They were, by far, the dominant species. They used whatever they could to build up their cities, even at the expense of other species. They were smarter then the rest of us, but their pride was their downfall."

Mario: "How do you mean?"

Toadsworth: "They treated all monsters badly, terribly badly, but none as bad as the koopas..."

Mario: "Koopas?"

Toadsworth: "Bowser's species. A race of evil turtles that stand on two legs."

Mario: "Oh..."

Toadsworth: "Bowser, however, was treated the worst out of them all due to his physical mutations. He was born from a green AND red egg, with most other koopas having only one color for their egg besides white, and this color change showed off the fact that he would be different. Bowser was born with many abnormalities. He had horns, could breathe fire, and was much bigger, meaning that the humans made fun of him and kept him as a pet to tease and laugh at."