Up and Over

A mountain range of multiple dark peaks sit at the highest area possible of the dark lands. It's so high, in fact, that the pass under its tips. It's so high, that the actual mountain stretch across the entirety of the land just to be big enough to reach up to there. It's so high....that Luigi can't even see all the way up it.

Luigi and Toad, who are standing at the bottom of one of the mountains, are both gazing up at the majesty of the mountains.

Luigi has a nervous feeling deep within him in regards to the climb ahead, while Toad....is already climbing.

Luigi: "Woah, woah! What are you doing?"

Toad: "Climbing the mountain, what else Lerguii?"

Luigi: "Uh well...."

Toad: "Woah, okay hold on, did you already forget what we just learned?"

Luigi: "Huh?"

Toad: "....Look, this is the fastest way to go, we can't go around, it's too big, it's just like the lava lake, right?"

Luigi: "Well....yeah...."

Toad: "Good, then let's get going!"

As Toad continues to climb, once again, the mushroom falls out of his bag and lands on the ground. Luigi looks down to it and back up at his companion as he scoops it up, puts it between his chest and his overalls, and jumped up to a small rock ledge.

The two of them then begin making their way up the rocky surface, with Toad flipping between small ledges while Luigi grabs each one and moves up the mountain in a slower manner.

Once Toad gets to a larger then normal cliff, he catches his breath and then looks down, with a smile, to see....Luigi is still only halfway up.

Toad: "Uh....how ya doing down there.....Legie?"

Luigi: "Oh, just fine, yknow, not scared to trip and fall....or anything!"

Toad: "I smell a whiff of sarcasm there! Was there?"

Luigi: "Of course there is!"

Toad: "What? Why? I thought you got, like, a bucket load braver whenever we crossed the lava!"

Luigi: "Just because we crossed it, doesn't mean that I'm braver! It just means that I'm more willing to climb up this mountain...at a faster pace...."

Toad: "Then why are you still all the way down there?"

Luigi: "Because I've never rock climbed before!"

Toad: "OH! You're just new to it, huh?"

Luigi almost slips down from a broken ledge before barely catching himself on a different smaller ledge and exhaling heavily.

Luigi: "Well, yeah? But I'm sort of new to ALL of this?"

Toad: "Well that's okay! You were new to the lava thing, bu-"

Luigi: "Can you stop bringing up the lake?"

Luigi glares up at him as Toad puts out two hands defensively.

Toad: "Alright buddy! Okay, sorry! I won't bring it up...for a little while."

Luigi sighs while continuing to climb.

Toad: ".....Well you know how to....jump....between things....because you probably did it before! Have you ever climbed anything before? Maybe you can use knowledge from that situation for this one!"

Luigi then remembered climbing up ladders. He suddenly felt nostalgic for the easy life he had just a few days ago.

Luigi: "Yeah...I have climbed things...but it was a lot different then this!"