Defeated...

As Koopas and Goombas approach the entrance of the castle, Mario, who is in a tanooki suit, sneaks through some bushes that are next to the courtyard of the castle. As he makes his way closer to the wall, Mario watches Bowser's minions flood into the castle.

He then looks to the castle and stares solemnly at it before closing his eyes and looking away.

Mario shoots up the wall, flying as fast as possible, before getting to the top and landing.

He takes one last look back before jumping off and flying down towards Sarasa Land.

Mario crashes just outside The Dark Lands, into the hot sand of Sarasa Land, where he loses his tanooki suit. He then stands up, huffs, and continues his journey, moving forward through the sand.

King Penguin: "Princess Peach?!?"

Peach, Luigi, and Toad enter into the room where the other prisoners are, causing many of them to look at the trio in shock.

Peach: "Yes! Yes, it is I, but I beg you to please keep it down!"

Those inside of the cages of the room begin to stir and murmur as Toad and Luigi stare at the cages and ponder something.

Kong with a Bowser mask: "What are you doing here? Did Luigi bring you back to help save us?"

Peach: "Sort of.....in a way, I will be asking you....to help me!"

Different prisoners look to each other in complete confusion.

Mario holds an arm over his mouth as he traverses the sandy hills of Sarasa Land.

Penguin that has green contacts in: "Are you kidding?!?"

Toad that has a pyramid shaped mushroom: "Princess, what you're suggesting....is preposterous!"

Pianta that has a pair of yellow boots: "We can't fight against the koopas! We aren't strong enough!"

Peach sorrowfully stares at the ground as Luigi looks at her, sees her sadness, and then looks to the others.

Luigi: "Hey! Everyone? Can I have your attention please?"

Mario passes by a large stone palace as he gets closer and closer to Jungland.

Luigi: "Look, for my sake, for the sake of the guy who somehow managed to escape from one of the cages by himself, can you please hear her out?"

The entire room murmurs about whether they should listen or not.

Toad glares at them and then runs up next to Luigi.

Toad: "Hey! I think you should hear my friend out about hearing my Princess out! He escaped from here, yeah? So if he escaped, and Peach found him, doesn't that mean that there's a chance we could survive if Luii, out of all people, can survive out there?!?"

Luigi: "Hey!"

Toad: "Sorry dude, but I sort of needed to say it."

Luigi rolls his eyes.

The prisoners murmur again before they all quiet down and King Penguin speaks up.

King Penguin: "Fine! Princess Peach, speak your mind!"

Peach turns to her two allies and mouths out 'Thank you!'.

Luigi nods as Toad gives a thumbs up.

Mario makes it to Jungland and watches as air ships take off and head towards The Koopa Kingdom.

He scoffs and turns away, continuing his journey back to the warp pipe.

Peach: "Bowser has preyed upon us forever! He has tortured our children, struck fear into our brothers and sisters, and stolen every piece of peace we may have! He attempts to unite the world, but does he? He attempts to bring tranquility, but does he? No! NO! Bowser has destroyed, and taken, and laid waste to our lives and lands for years and years!....Shall we, the good citizens of our lands, let this continue? Shall we allow him to Lord over us when he is not a Lord, but a monster? We build our cities, our societies, and he rips them away, for what? His peace of mind? Well, I wish to give him a piece of my mind! And yours! And yours! And yours and yours and yours! But I cannot do this without....you!"