Fight Our Way In

As the air ship approaches the Land of the Koopas, Mario pokes Peach on the shoulder to get her attention.

Peach: "Yeah?"

Mario: "Okay so.....how are we doing this?"

Peach: "Invading an entire kingdom with just the two of us?"

Mario: "Yeah, like, are we going to be using Stars first?"

Peach: "No way! Stars, just like all power ups, have a limited time frame on them! Using one this early would be wasting it.....Plus, if we use one, they'll know to up their own defenses. It's best if we try and play this by ear by sneaking in as quietly as possible."

Mario: "Alright.....but where do we land?..."

Peach narrows her eyes a bit.

Mario: "Peach?"

Peach: "....I wish we had more time...."

Mario: "Huh?"

Peach: "I've been playing this whole thing by ear because we didn't have enough time, but I wish we did. That we could think of a better plan.....that I didn't get so distracted during this journey.....I could've thought more things through......maybe take some time to slowly convince Grand Master to help....but.....I didn't have enough time...."

Mario: "....I'm sorry..."

Peach: "No, it's okay, this wasn't your fault....not entirely, at least. It was just....a bunch of events coming together at once that......that I wished didn't happen the way it did..."

Peach looks down sadly.

Mario: "....For what it's worth.....I think you're handling it all....pretty well...."

Peach: "....Thanks.........and.....you handled it pretty well as well......"

Mario and Peach smile at each other before Mario goes up and hugs her again. She hugs back and, for a moment, they both feel as though everything is...gone.....

Mario then pulls back and sidesteps as Peach resumes her duties.

The ship passes over the castle as Peach uses its magic to look around for a landing zone.

She sees houses, rivers, a few parks, a number of barracks, but no landing zone.

Peach: "Hmm....nothing in this area. I'll have to pull around to another zone to check if there's anywhere we can go."

Mario: "You don't think they'll get a bit suspicious of a air ship just looking around?"

Peach: "I hope not, but like you said earlier, Koopa soldiers aren't exactly the brightest. Anyway, can you head to the next room and look out its windows for me, I wanna make sure I don't miss a landing zone..."

Mario: "Aye, aye captain!"

Peach: "That's Princess to you mister!"

Mario laughs under his breath as Peach smiles and shakes her head.

Within a nearby watch tower, multiple Koopa troopers are surveying the land when one of them looks to the ship.

Goggles Koopa Trooper: "Hey, that ship looks pretty suspicious........is it supposed to be flying over the royal courtyard?"

Helmet Koopa Trooper: "Hmmmm....probably just some koopa idiot who doesn't know to land in the hangars at the bottom of the island. I'll tell some para troopers to check it out."

Moments later, a group of para troopers with orange shells fly out of a opening in the watch tower. Multiple of them fly to the top of the ship and land. One, however, stops by the window near the back because he heard something coming from there.