The Dark Lands!

Amidst a land of darkness, lava rivers, shadow trees, and swirling vortexes of smoke, sits a single, cracked, dark blue pipe that faces diagonally upwards.

The winds whisper as a mushroom like creature runs around, in areas nearby the pipe, as it picks up various objects and searches the lands for something.

It pokes random trees, rubs black dirt off of yellow items, and even stomps on certain flat areas of the ground.

Finally, the mushroom stops while moving between two dark hills, and walks towards the pipe....where something else that is red...is sticking out of the ground.

The mushroom, which is apparently attached to a body, bends down as the creature's hands gently rub the dirt off the object and picks it up to reveal it to be a smaller mushroom with two black seeds on its stalk.

The creature is revealed to be....Toad! He has a backpack on and is smiling sweetly at the mushroom.

Toad: "Ah.....sweet, innocent little mushroom....a power up unlike any other...so basic yet....so precious and special....your tiny work will help out my people greatly! Until then.....in the sack you go!"

Toad then tosses the mushroom into the air before opening his backpack's flap. He then jumps back and catches the mushroom in the bag.

Toad nods, pats the backpack, and walks away triumphantly as the mushroom falls out and rolls right back to where it was before.

Before Toad leaves, however, the pipe begins to shake and generate pink light around it.

Toad slowly turns around and gasps.

Toad: "Oh no! An ominous noise! That could only mean one thing........I messed up badly!"

Toad then silently screams while running around in circles as the pipe continues to shake and generate light.

Finally, Toad stops, stares at the pipe, and jumps into a nearby hole.

The pipe shakes and shakes and shakes until finally......Luigi falls out a foot away from it......and the pipe breaks apart into pebbles.

Luigi groans before then sitting up. The shouting, flailing, and stress of the previous situation had worn him out greatly, meaning that any reaction he has to his surroundings will be delayed for a few seconds.

Once he finally shakes his head, however, his vision begins to focus in again.

Luigi: "Ugh......oh Mario......why has the last few days been so......"

Luigi looks around as he starts to take in the dark trees and spooky atmosphere around him.

Suddenly, every hole seems like an angry face, every hill seems like a monster waiting underground, and every tree looks like it's reaching towards him.

His inhaling and exhaling increase as the world begins spinning around him.

Luigi tries to calm himself down by focusing on his breathing, which works for a bit....until he opens his eyes.

He finds himself face to face with a small, terrifying mushroom creature....with no nose. The creature is....smiling at him.

Toad: "....My name isn't Mario.....but what were you saying about the last few days?"

Luigi screams and then runs to where the pipe was.

He frantically looks around before seeing the scraps of the pipe on the ground.

He then brushes the pieces away to see that the hole where the pipe should be is gone.

Luigi: "NO, NO! WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS IT?!?!"