Star-case

Mario and Peach travel across the land of Seaside as they joke and tease one another continually. They jump across gaps, fight off attacking fish that don't know any better, and even swim through a bit of water as they make their way closer....to the mountain range.

The mountains are no problem though! Thanks to their power ups, they can easily traverse the rocky landscape using just a few mushrooms! Fire flowers also help them with preventing a few avalanches! At one point, they both even pull out a super leaf and fly up the rest of the way, dodging past one another as they get to the top.

Once there, they both laugh before Mario audibly gasps.....at the sight of Star-case.

Star-case is a large upward bend of stars, with white lines connecting between them to form solid ground that can be walked on. Atop the bend is a multitude of buildings, fountains, and more, all made of stars. All of this, every single bit, starts in a valley below them, but reaches up towards the sky above.

And below that valley.....is what looks like an infinite void of shadow.

Mario slowly looks to Peach to see she is smiling at him. He then smirks.

Mario: "I know, I know....magic!"

He then jumps and begins to slide down the slope as Peach gasps and chuckles.

Peach: "Mario! The tanooki suit doesn't make you invincible, you dope!"

She then jumps and slides down after him.

After making it completely down, Mario barely stops himself before the empty abyss. He sighs with relief....as Peach slides down past him and onto the invisible ground located under Star-case. She then trips, falls, and bursts out laughing, her tanooki suit disappearing in the process. Mario chuckles as he walks over to her, continually looking downwards with a hint of fear in his eyes, and puts his fists on his hips.

Peach: "HAHAH-WH-HAHA-WHat?!?"

Mario: "Oh nothing! Just realizing that you were probably going to prank me with the whole fake ground thing if it wasn't for you falling down like a clown!"

Peach: "A clown?!?"

Mario holds out a hand, which she grabs,....and uses to pull him off his feet, causing him to fall to the ground and his tanooki suit to disappear.

Mario: "OOF!"

Peach busts out laughing as he glares at her with a smile. Once she's done, she glares back.

Peach: "What?!?"

Mario: "Oh nothing...."

Peach: "You-!"

She then pushes him jokingly before getting up and running towards the entrance to the kingdom.

Mario jumps up, fixes his hat, and runs after her as she giggles wildly like a little girl.

Two tall stars stand by the entry gate, each holding a spear.

As they stand there, Peach runs up and hides behind one of them, covering her mouth and giggling as they both turn and look at her.

Mario, seeing this, slows his pursuit as he gets closer.

Mario: "Uh....Princess?"

Peach: "AH! YOU FOU-....oh, oh my golly, I am so sorry, how.....inappropriate of me!"

Peach puts her hands behind her back and steps over to stand next to Mario.

Mario: "Sure was!"

Peach: "Oh you be quiet!"