Worlds Collide

Within a darkened government facility, multiple workers are stationed, each one looking at a collection of monitors around them. Whilst doing this, they each are typing on keyboards, pressing buttons, and adjusting dials.

Suddenly, however, a single red mushroom appears on one of the monitors. They all look to it as one tries to tap on it, as if the problem will go away with just just a simple tap.

It does go away, for a moment, and they all celebrate with a sigh of relief.

A few seconds pass, and hundreds of mushrooms appear around it.

The workers stand up as one grabs a nearby phone and presses a large "TOADTASHROPHE" button.

Ms.Pauline, a woman with dark brown hair and a red suit on, walks out of a building, and into a parking complex, as multiple animal control officers stock their vans with supplies and searchlights before getting in. A few well dressed men walk near her and speak their minds.

Councilmen 1: "Ms.Pauline, we must disagree with you decision!"

Councilmen 2: "Encountering a mushroomite is no longer apart of the rule book! You have no reason to go out there and try and speak to this...whatever it is!"

Councilmen 3: "You should stay at your office and watch from the sidelines, leading the troops as they fight the good fight!"

Pauline: "I was taught by my father how to be mayor! He was taught by his father, who was taught by his mother, who was taught by her mother, and so on and so forth. This was apart of the teachings. This is apart of being mayor! If I can't do this, then I don't deserve to be mayor!"

Pauline climbs into the side of a van as the door swings open for her.

Councilmen 1: "But Ms.Pauline, it's been over a century since those any of those monsters even came here! It probably is nothing like anything we've ever seen!"

Pauline: "More the reason for me to stand with my people! I have to protect my them from the monsters that lay behind that pipe! Every second that passes is another second that creature could be tearing through town!"

Vans begin to pull out as Pauline looks at them and sighs.

Pauline: "I'm the mayor....I need to do this!"

The men look at her before looking to each other and back to her.

Councilmen 2: "You've made up your mind, stay safe!"

Councilmen 3: "Do not get hurt! We still need you as mayor!"

Councilmen 1: "I LOVE YOU MS.PAULINE!"

The other two look at him as Pauline awkwardly nods her head.

Pauline: "Thanks....uh....you?"

Councilmen 1: "Aw...."

Pauline: "Alright! Let's go people!"

Pauline bangs on the van before shutting the door. The rest of the vans leave as the men salute her.

Once they leave, the two of them turn to the man that professed his love.

Councilmen 3: "'I love you'? Really?"

Councilmen 1: "I was just stressed okay! And you have to admit that she looks great in a suit!"

The two men look to each other and shake their heads.

Dozens of vans exit the parking complex as they begin to split off into town.

Luigi: "....will you stop tailing me!"

Luigi currently is stomping home with his fists at his sides as Mario drives a few inches behind him in the van.