Onto Enemy Territory!

Kneeling on the ground, Toad looks up at the mass of land above him, its shadow still covering the land in a blanket of darkness, with the only light around being that of the lava falls that are leaking down from it.

Mere moments ago, or at least it felt like moments ago, Toad watched as Luigi, his newest and only friend, had been knocked out and taken away. Shortly after, he was knocked out as well, and the events that transpired afterwards became unknown to him.

All he knew was that Luigi, his friend, was gone.

He had never had a real friend before, so knowing that Bowser's minions had taken Luigi away made Toad feel as though he had lost a family member...one who knew him....who cared for him.....he had lost a.....brother?

Well, maybe not a brother, maybe something more like a cousin that your family adopted? Something like that...

Tears begin to stream down Toad's cheeks.

He lost. How could he lose? He had been through-

NO!

Toad didn't have time to be scared and he also didn't have time to feel sorry! He tried! Now, though, he has to fix his mistake. He's going to go up to that floating fortress! He's going to sneak over to Luigi's cell! He's going to use a Power Up and they're gonna get out of there! He's getting his cousin back! Er, friend....

Toad slapped himself before shaking his head, causing the tears that were on him to fly off. He then flared up at the floating kingdom and exhaled an angry breath.

Looking towards the mountains, Toad could already imagine that they would be too steep to climb back up before the Koopa Empire left, so he needed a different way. Somewhere that was also reached high into the sky, could be traversed by him easily, and was nearby.....

He then remembered something and turned towards the opposite side of the pit with a grin on.

Toad: "Bingo!"

Toad then started running in that direction as a single super leaf fell from his bag and landed on the ground.

A few seconds pass before he walks back and picks it up.

Toad: "If I knew how fast they were going to catch us, I would've used a power up sooner......or at all! Guess I didn't think about it! Oh well!"

Toad stuffs it into his bag before turning and running off into the thick fog.

Mario: "And then there was the time where I was the first one to blow out the candles at my birthday part and dad got mad at me!"

The air ship approaches Bowser's kingdom as Mario and Peach tall inside.

Peach: "Wait, it was your birthday right? Why would he get mad at you?"

Mario: "Eh, because they were in the middle of singing the song...and mama decided to wait to take a picture and didn't get one..."

Peach: "Of you blowing out the candles when everyone stopped singing?"

Mario: "Uh-huh!"

Peach: "That sounds kind of like they were trying to complete a tradition....and you were a bit antsy and ready to go..."

Mario: "Hey, whose side are you on?"

Peach: "Yours obviously! But.....you were a kid then, you've grown up from doing things in the spur of the moment, right?"

Mario: "Yeah, I would say so!"

Peach: "Then you can realize how frustrating it would be for someone to mess up something you put a lot of work and effort into, right?"