Hero of The Mushroom Kingdom

Mario helps Yoshi up as they both look around and begin to see the Koopa Empire troops begin to flee the area.

They pick up bricks, bullet bills, and the piranha plant pots up as they run away. Any knocked out troops are also picked up and carried as well. The para trooper then flies over to the flag pole and picks up the flag, gripping it in his hand before glaring at Mario and Yoshi.

Para Trooper: "Your heads will be had human and Yoshi! The koopa empire will prevail!"

Yoshi hisses as the koopa growls and takes off, flying after his troops in the distance.

Mario then turns and looks at the abandoned base around him.

All of the brick structures are either broken or knocked over and there are no monsters in sight. By working together, Mario and Yoshi were somehow able to clean house and get rid of all of their troops.

What was once a simple scouting mission had turned into a full on assault that turned out to be victorious. They won...and they weren't even trying to fight.

Mario: "We....survived?"

Yoshi then licks Mario's cheek as he laughs and pets Yoshi on the head.

Mario: "Not only did we survive! But we also won! We won Yoshi! We won!"

Yoshi bounces up and down while excitedly licking Mario's cheek.

Mario: "Hahahah, alright, alright! Thank you Yoshi...."

Yoshi then stops as Mario pets his head and looks him straight in the eyes.

Mario: "And uh.....thanks....for before..."

Yoshi raises....what would normally be an eyebrow but because he doesn't have any hair....it's not an eyebrow.

Mario: "Oh, you know, for.....taking out that Goomba before the others got to us, fighting against the others, even for....for taking me to The Mushroom Kingdom.....I may not know why you did what you did....but you were still trying to help me....in some way....so thanks..."

Yoshi closes his eyes and smiles before rubbing his head against Mario's chance. Mario takes a moment to realize what he is doing, and then smiles and gives the Dino another pat on the head.

Mario: "....Alright, that's enough affection! We still have a Princess to gloat to, remember? Come on! Let's get going!"

Yoshi then bends down, allowing for Mario to jump onto his back as Yoshi begins walking back towards the kingdom.

Before he takes off, however, Mario stops him with a little pull, and jumps off. Mario then grins, grabs the flag pole, and puts it back up. He then pats it, jumps back onto Yoshi, and kicks his heel into Yoshi's side, causing the dinosaur to smirk and take off.

Mario: "LETSA GO!"

Yoshi sprints towards the kingdom as the para trooper glares at the duo from the distance, along with his beaten troops.

Bruised Goomba: "What are we gonna tell the boss captain?"

Para trooper: "Simple, a new human is in town, and he is currently working with Princess Peach..."

Toadsworth watches Mario and Yoshi from afar as a large group of Toads gather around the open gates, watching as the human and yoshi return from their assignment.

As Toadsworth taps his foot in anticipation, a sudden chill goes down his spine.
He sighs. He's about to be in big trouble.

Princess Peach floats down behind him before brushing off her dress and inhaling deeply.