Job.....done?

Their van drives around the streets of Brooklyn as Mario and Luigi look for work far into the evening.

Mario searches the streets frantically with his eyes as Luigi searches for the right words to say to his brother.

People begin to go home, eat dinner, and meet up with their family members as they get ready to relax for the night, but Mario and Luigi still can't find work.

The van stops at a stoplight as Mario frustratingly sighs.

Mario watches as a mother and father hug their two grown children and walk them inside of their house. Mario sighs as Luigi places his hand on his brother's shoulder.

Luigi: "Eh.....Mario?"

Mario sits silently.

Luigi: "....Look....I'm sure that if you got on your hands and knees....and PLEADED really hard with Papa to let you back in....that maybe he would?"

Luigi's nervous smile and chuckle puts off any hope that he had of cheering Mario up.

His brother then slams his head on the wheel.

Luigi puts a hand on his brother's back as he speaks.

Mario: "I don't think he would Luigi.....they just don't see me like how they see you...."

Luigi: "Sure they do Mario! They see you as their son!"

Mario: "No they don't.....they just see me as a spoiled bambino..."

Luigi: "Oh, Mario, come on! If anything, they see me as a little bambino!"

Mario: "Fine, then they see you as a bambino and me as a spoiled little brat......All I was trying to do was get us better jobs....I just wanted to enjoy my work by helping people in a way that...well....I can help! I mean, we've done plumbing before!"

Luigi: "Yeah but it hasn't always gone well!"

Mario: "Yeah....but we have gotten more experienced! Mama and papa just can't see that....but if we could get a job, then we could prove it to them, and we could show that stiff old man that I didn't just do this out of impulse!"

Luigi: "Yeah, we could......if we got a job, but it's getting late and we haven't had a single call yet. We can't prove ourselves if we don't have jobs! That was the whole point of the deal! Look, papa was right, there are times for wants and needs. We want to do this, but we can't, and we need a place to live, which we can have, if you're willing to give up...."

Mario looks ahead at the red light and then sighs.

Mario: "Yeah.....you're right....we should just give up for tonight and try and...beg papa for my old room back...."

Luigi: "Yeah! See? That's what I'm talking about! Knowing when to quit!....oh wait, that came out wrong...."

Mario: "Hahaha........ha......you were always the one ready to give up, huh Luigi?"

Luigi: "Yeah, I was....wait, was that an insult or a compliment? Because it sounded like a compliment but hit like an insult!"

Mario turns the wheel and begins to make a u turn before a woman runs out in front of the car. The entire van screeches to a halt as Mario holds the wheel tight and Luigi jumps behind his seat. Mario, after inhaling and exhaling a few breaths, then looks back to Luigi with a mocking smile.

Mario: "You okay back there, brother?"

Luigi: "Oh shut it, Mario! If we were in a crash just now, I would've been safe and you would've been as flat as a pizza!"

Mario shakes his head before glaring at the woman and sticking his head out the window.

Mario: "Hey, whatsa the big idea?"