Back in Brooklyn!

Pauline stares as a group of plumbers use cans, filled with mysterious grey substances, to spray said substance over the pipe, while measurements are being made by other plumbers.

She sighs. They most likely went in. Mario and Luigi most likely went inside and got lost, just like Donkey did in their world. This was....horrible. Having two humans get lost in a world where giant talking gorillas roam and evil turtles rule could be very dangerous for Brooklyn.

What if some modern technology they have was found by Bowser and looked into? What if he wanted more? What if he learned of Brooklyn and was preparing to invade? What if....

Pauline shook her head as a group of Animal Control Officers walk up to her and tap her on the shoulder.

Pauline: "Hm?"

Animal Control Officer: "Mam, it's been five minutes."

Pauline: "Ah, yes, thank you for reminding me, I couldn't stay here for too long, after all!"

She then pats the officer on his shoulder before heading over to a nearby stair case.

An Animal Control van drives down the road as Pauline sits in the back, tapping her shoe against the floor as she thinks to herself.

She thinks on Donkey Kong, Jump Man, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and her city, Brooklyn. To most, it's a normal city, but to her and that family and that kong, it was all so much more, and it all had to do with a single pipe and a very stressful secret. What is probably more stressful, however, is not the secret, but those who know of that secret.

The van moves past the area where the pile up used to be and the construction site where Mario and Donkey Kong battled. Both had been fixed, with the vans simply moved, anything broken being replaced, and the construction site getting help from numerous volunteers to fix it up. It was almost as if everything was back to normal, at least on the surface....almost.....

Pauline sighs as the van stops and she opens the door to see Punch Out Diner. She groans, walks over to the window, and raises a fist to knock....

Then the door shoots open.

Not Donkey Kong: "HELLO!"

Pauline: "AAAAH!"

Pauline full on punches Donkey Kong in the face as he staggers backwards and lands on the ground. He then groans and rubs his head.

Pauline: "Oh my goodness, I am so sor-Wait, Donkey Kong?"

Not Donkey Kong: "Yeah? Who else?"

Pauline: "What are you.....wearing?"

Currently, Donkey Kong had a large hoodie on, with the hood up, that was pulled to the max. He also had a pair of pants, and a very unconvincing mask of a human beings face.

Not Donkey Kong: "Oh, you didn't hear? I started working here! Old DK got himself a new gig!"

Pauline: "What?!?"

Papa: "Danny? What's going on out there? Did the order get picked up y-"

Jump man stops when he sees Pauline.

Papa: "Mayor Pauline! What an unexpected surprise!"

He then runs over and helps her up, bringing her inside as Donkey Kong looks down both sides of the street and closes the door.

Papa: "Come in! Come in! We have enough space for you to stay as long as you like!"

Pauline sits on a stool as she stares at Donkey Kong, who is bouncing from side to side while holding a couple of takeout boxes. He's also mumbling something under his breath.