Casting Spells

"wait you two have met?"

[Third person POV]

Seungcheol nods, "Mhm."

Chan stands up and looks at both his friend and Seungcheol.

"We met at Campfire Cafe while I was on my shift," Chan's friend says as he walks over to Chan, with his hands in his pockets.

"Ah ok. Well uh dad, this is Vernon and Vernon this is Seungcheol," Chan says feeling slightly awkward, his arm on his friend- that Seungcheol now knows is Vernon- patting his shoulder.

"You're his dad? You look pretty young. Are you actually like- 50 or something?" Vernon says, squinting slightly.

Seungcheol crosses his arms. He can't understand how one can sound so confused and curious yet uninterested at the same time.

Seungcheol clears this throat, "Chan isn't technically my son, I just acknowledge him as one. I'm 27 by the way."

Vernon seems to still be a bit confused, looking at Chan then back at Seungcheol, but still nods as to move on.

Seungcheol stands for a couple more seconds, watching the two friends sit on the ground and play with Kkuma, before leaving.

- Time skip -

Seungcheol finally arrived at his office.

He's late.

Really late.

He didn't think everything would take so long.

This really isn't my week is it?

He sat at his desk and immediately his office phone starting ringing.

He picks up the phone. Before even saying anything, he's greeted by an angry Jihoon.

"I know. I know I'm late, you don't have to tell me."

So much for trying to make things better.

"I'll just come by for casting in 10 minutes. Does that work for you?"

Jihoon sighed and hung up.

I just keep messing up huh.. Great..

- Time skip -

It's now almost 3pm. Seungcheol is completely over these castings.

He's attended a couple before but it was never this boring.

Maybe it's the stress getting to him. Maybe it's just him wanting to find someone so soon; he's being impatient. Not the best quality to have in these situations, but he doesn't want to ruin this collaboration.

He's genuinely excited for this. It has to be perfect.

[Seungcheol's POV]

"Jihoon, Soonyoung, I'm heading out."

I grabbed my water and got out of my seat.

"You can't leave now, we have one more person coming in. Wait a bit longer."

"Soonyoung and I have been here for longer than you Seungcheol. Sit down."

Jihoon's really pissed, I'm not taking any chances.

I sighed and sat back down beside Soonyoung, stretching slightly.

As I adjusted myself in my seat, the last potential model walks in and-

OH MY GOD

I had to be dreaming. There is no way someone looks so- so-

"Seungcheol? Seungcheol? Are you ok?" Soonyoung asks, tapping my shoulder.

I was staring wasn't I? It was so obvious wasn't it? FUCK!

I loosen my tie, that all of a sudden seemed so tight around my neck.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a bit hot in here.."

I diverted my attention back onto the model.

He looks so perfect. His long hair, his deep brown eyes, his incredible figure- even the way he's just standing there, waiting, it's so perfect.

The whole time I couldn't focus. I prayed that no one noticed. Thank goodness I didn't really have to commentate or ask questions, I would've been a wreck.

I didn't want the casting to end, I couldn't get out of my seat anymore.

As cheesy as it sounds, I felt like I was under some sort of spell or that I was hypnotized. Whatever it may be, I was in a trance.

I don't even know the guy, I didn't listen to anything that was said. I was hearing things, but it was going into one ear and out the other.

After some time I realized that we were done for the day and the model was saying his final goodbyes.

"Wait-"

What am I doing??? What's wrong with me?! Sit down Seungcheol, you idiot, sit down!!

[Third person POV]

Jihoon, Soonyoung and the model look at Seungcheol in confusion.

Seungcheol collects himself; fixing his suit jacket and clears his throat.

"Could you just stay outside in the waiting area for a bit longer, while we discuss a few things?"

"Oh yeah- of course," the model says and walks out of the room, making sure to bow before leaving.

Even his voice is incredible. Oh Lord.

The door closes and Seungcheol turns to his friends.

"What are you doing????"