Strictly Professional

[Jeonghan's POV]

It has been almost thirty minutes now, and my nerves are getting the best of me.

I've been waiting for what seems like an eternity, pacing back and forth, trying to calm down, but to no avail.

I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, and I'm sure I look like a nervous wreck.

I try to reassure myself that it's just my overthinking that's causing me to feel this way, but it's not working.

I'm just over-thinking. That's all! Get it together Jeonghan!

I sit down on the couch, in the same spot where I was waiting for my turn, hoping to relax my nerves.

As I sit there, I start to fidget with my fingers, just like I did two hours ago. It's like déjà vu, and I can't shake off this feeling of anxiousness.

Then, I hear the door open, and my attention is drawn to it.

I see the CEO walk out, and my heart drops.

Fuck!

He fixes his suit and looks at me with a serious expression on his face.

I can't help but feel even more nervous.

"I apologize for the long wait, Jeonghan," he says in a deep voice that sends shivers down my spine. "I told you to wait out because you really caught my attention- well, our attention."

What?! Me? I caught their attention?

My mind is racing with questions, but before I can say anything, he continues. "It was decided that whether you're chosen for this project or not, we can't pass up the opportunity to have you working with us."

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!

I mentally scream in joy.

I'M GONNA BE WORKING WITH 17CARAT!! Is this a dream?! Cus it definitely doesn't feel real!

I couldn't wait to tell Joshua and Seungkwan about this amazing news, when I get home!

[Seungcheol's POV]

As soon as everything was settled, I made my way to my friends to say my goodbyes before heading home.

However, the entire ride back, my thoughts were consumed by a mistake I made when I was talking to Jeonghan.

I mentally hit myself for it, replaying the scene in my head and wishing I hadn't said that.

"'My attention'?! Really??!" It was embarrassing, to say the least.

I'm just hoping that he didn't notice I said that.

It was good that I quickly caught myself in the moment and tried to stay professional, however.

I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was different about this particular model.

I didn't know what, why or how.

He was strikingly handsome, with long, soft-looking hair that I wanted to run my hands through, and enchanting, innocent-looking eyes. And those lips.... they were so distracting, as if they were calling out to me like a siren, tempting me to give in to their allure.

I knew I had to stop myself from indulging in these thoughts. After all, I couldn't afford to let my emotions get the best of me; I wouldn't wanna do something that I'll regret.

If we were going to be working together, I needed to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.

What if I slipped up? It would not only be awkward, but he might see me as a creep. And the last thing I wanted was for word to get around. Who knows what could happen to me, or worse, to my company?

I tried pushing those thoughts aside to focus on driving.

As I finally made my way home, I let out a deep sigh of relief. The day had been long and exhausting, but at least it was over now. I couldn't wait to curl up in my bed and get some much-needed rest before starting fresh tomorrow.

However, as soon as I stepped inside my empty mansion, the overwhelming feeling of loneliness hit me like a ton of bricks. Chan was staying over at a friend's house- Vernon. He had even taken Kkuma with him since Vernon's younger sister had wanted to play with her. And so, I found myself all alone in this large, empty house.

I hadn't realized how much I had grown to love living and taking care of Chan and Kkuma until this very moment. They meant the world to me, and I would do anything to keep them safe and happy.

But my thoughts quickly shifted to the situation at hand. This whole Jeonghan thing had been weighing heavily on my mind. I knew that I had to stay professional and not let my emotions get the best of me. After all, it was highly unlikely that I would ever speak to Jeonghan outside of work. So why was my mind wandering like this?

I tried to shake off those thoughts as I settled into my bed. But as I closed my eyes, my mind once again drifted back to the model. I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to work with him closely, to see him every day. But I knew that indulging in these thoughts would only lead me down a dangerous path.

As I drifted off to sleep, I hoped that tomorrow would bring a clearer mind.