Sick Days, Sick People

[Third person POV]

It was a bright morning and Seungcheol found himself standing in the kitchen, preparing a hearty breakfast for both himself and Chan.

He had decided to get up early, eager to surprise Chan with a delicious morning feast.

Seungcheol skillfully maneuvered around the kitchen, collecting various ingredients and utensils.

He wanted to create a mouthwatering spread that would bring joy to Chan's face.

He decided to make pancakes decorated with an array of fruits, along with perfectly toasted slices of bread smothered with jam. And to complete the meal, he prepared a steaming pot of tea, knowing how much Chan enjoyed sipping it to start his day.

As Seungcheol artfully arranged the pancakes on a plate and garnished them with a touch of powered sugar on top, he couldn't help but wonder why he felt so compelled to go all out for breakfast that morning.

But he knows that Chan will be happy and he can't wait to see the look on Chan's face when he wakes up.

However, just as Seungcheol was almost done, Kkuma came speeding down the stairs, barking.

Seungcheol set aside the pancakes, and reached down to pick up the Kkuma. But, then, Kkuma continued to squirm and bark.

Concern filled Seungcheol's heart as he cradled Kkuma in his arms, hoping to calm her down. "Shh, hey, calm down, princess. What's wrong?" he murmured, his voice a soothing lullaby.

Despite his efforts, Kkuma wouldn't stop barking and squirming, directing her attention towards the stairs.

Seungcheol set Kkuma back down on the ground and watched as she rushed toward the stairs.

He figured that she wanted him to go upstairs, so he did.

Trusting Kkuma's intuition, Seungcheol followed her lead, until they reached Chan's bedroom door, where she came to a halt.

With the door slightly open, Kkuma slips through and concern began to flood Seungcheol's mind.

With his heart racing, a whirlwind of possibilities raced through his thoughts.

Is something wrong with Chan?!!

He panicked and rushed into his son's room.

His widened at the mess that Chan's room was in. Although it's not usually all that tidy, it's never like this.

But his attention was quickly drawn to Kkuma, who was barking near Chan's bathroom door.

Without a moment's hesitation, Seungcheol rushed towards over to the door.

When he entered the bathroom, his attention was brought to Chan, who was hunched over the toilet, throwing up.

The sight struck Seungcheol's heart with sadness and worry, "Chan?!"

He settled himself beside his son, gently patting his back in a soothing rhythm.

Chan coughed weakly, his eyes meeting Seungcheol's.

"Dad, I don't feel so-" Chan managed to utter, his sentence cut short as he succumbed to another wave of nausea, retching into the toilet.

Seungcheol's furrowed brow deepened, his worry intensifying. Rubbing Chan's back tenderly, Seungcheol stayed by his side.

- Time skip -

Chan was now resting his head on Seungcheol's shoulder. The two sitting in the living room, while Kkuma was sleeping on Seungcheol's lap.

Seungcheol stroking both of his babies' heads with a sigh.

"I'm sorry I ruined the mood today.." said Chan with a frown.

Seungcheol kisses Chan's head. "It's not your fault, Channie. I'm not upset with any of that..." He trailed off.

Chan pulled away from the embrace and looked at Seungcheol. "So why do you look so sad?"

Still petting Kkuma, Seungcheol answered, "because you're sick." He paused. "It broke my heart seeing you on the ground in the bathroom and you're all stuffy now-"

But before he could say anything else, Chan pulled him in for a tight hug.

"You're the best dad in the world. I couldn't have asked for a more amazing father figure." Said Chan as he cried on the older's shoulder.

Seungcheol started tearing up at Chan's words, stroking his hair.

"And I couldn't have asked for a better son. What did I do to deserve you in my life?"

[Jeonghan's POV]

I've been sitting in bed all day, just mindlessly scrolling through my phone on Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and whatever else that can keep me occupied.

Just bored out of my mind, waiting for Joshua to finish whatever he has to do at home so he could come over.

But the task that he said would take 2 hours, stretched out to 4 hours and I just can't take it anymore.

I put my phone down and decided to just take a nap.

Half an hour later I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing.

I checked my phone and saw 13 missed calls from Seungkwan.

I called him back immediately and was starting to panic.

Please be ok... Oh God...

Seungkwan picked up and my eyes widened at what I heard.

He what-

"THAT ASSHOLE!" I yelled as I got up from my bed and ran downstairs to put my shoes on.

"I'll be right over, Kwanie, don't worry."

I ran out the door to my car, putting my phone in my pocket and driving straight to Seungkwan's house.

"That motherfucker's gonna pay-" I gritted my teeth, my grip on the steering wheel tightening as I drove.

It Kinda Just- Happened, I Guessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें