Broken Love

[Third person POV]

Jeonghan arrived at Seungkwan's apartment. He was fuming.

That asshole! That piece of shit! That-

"Hannie!" Seungkwan's voice cracked as he cried out, his voice desperate, as he opened the door.

He walked towards Jeonghan, trembling as he fell into his friend's arms, limp.

Jeonghan gently guided Seungkwan back inside, closing the door behind them.

"I- I tried to call Josh, but..." Seungkwan's voice choked with tears and sadness."But he wouldn't pick up, so... so I called you," he managed to say through sobs.

Sitting down beside Seungkwan on the bed, Jeonghan brought the younger into a tight hug.

"He probably found someone better!" Seungkwan cried out. He looked up at Jeonghan, his tear-stained face contorted. "It's probably that hoe from the skatepark!"

Jeonghan's heart sank as he listened to Seungkwan. It pained him to see Seungkwan question his own worth.

Pulling Seungkwan closer, Jeonghan held him tighter. "Kwanie, you are an incredible person, inside and out. Don't let this situation make you doubt your worth."

Seungkwan sniffled, his reddened eyes meeting Jeonghan's gaze. The weight of Jeonghan's affirmation slowly began to chip away at the walls of doubt that had encased his heart. In that moment, Seungkwan could feel the sincerity in his friend's words, and it brought a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness of his pain.

Jeonghan reached out, gently brushing away a stray tear on Seungkwan's cheek. "You are worthy of love, Kwanie. Never forget that," he whispered, his voice filled genuine love and care for the younger.

Seungkwan's crying doesn't seem to want to stop. The shock and hurt from his first serious breakup broke him completely.

"Anyone would be lucky to have you as their boyfriend, Kwanie," reassured Jeonghan.

It's been an hour now and Seungkwan has finally, somewhat, seemed to have calmed down.

Seungkwan sniffled, "I was so stupid to think that someone like Vernon could actually love me.."

Jeonghan rests Seungkwan's head on his shoulder. "Kwanie, Vernon is missing out. You're an incredible person. You're funny, smart, caring, hardworking- Kwanie I could go on and on."

Seungkwan lifted his head up, sitting up right, looking at Jeonghan. "And he's handsome, witty, charming, kind, loving, talented, he-"

Before Seungkwan could continue, Jeonghan put his hand on his mouth.

"Kwanie.. Who said you aren't all those things either?" Jeonghan paised, moving his hand away from his friend's mouth. "You're just as worthy of being loved. Kwanie, you deserve someone that'll cherish you and if it's not Vernon, then it'll be someone else."

Seungkwan huffed and layed face down on his bed.

Jeonghan knew that now, more than anything, he needs to stay with his friend for the rest of the day to try and cheer him up.

He texted Joshua and told him that he's at Seungkwan's.

A half hour later, Jeonghan and Seungkwan were making cookies in the kitchen.

Jeonghan suggested the ideas, as to take Seungkwan's mind off of breakup, hoping that'll he'll at least have fun for the time being instead to crying on his pillows.

"Jeonghan! You got the chocolate chips everywhere!" Seungkwan said, side eyeing Jeonghan in disapproval.

Jeonghan giggling, "I'm sorry! The pack ripped! It's not my fault!"

Chocolate chips were all over the counter and on the floor, some managed to fall in mixing bowl as well.

"This is why you use scissors!" Seungkwan nagged as he put down the wisk.

Jeonghan was now on the ground laughing as Seungkwan looked down at him.

The doorbell then suddenly rang.

Seungkwan crossed his arms and told Jeonghan to start cleaning up while he saw who was at the door.

Seungkwan walked to the front door, then immediately closed the door and rested his back against it.

Jeonghan heard the door slam and went out of the kitchen to see what was wrong.

"Kwanie?" Jeonghan looked concerned as he saw his friend breathing heavily, tears threatening to stream down the younger's face, Seungkwan was distressed.

Jeonghan rushed to Seungkwan, kneeling down to hug him. "Kwanie, calm down. Who is it?"

Seungkwan hesitated to answer as Jeonghan helped him up. Seungkwan wanted to say something, but no words came out, only seep breaths as he tries to calm himself down.

The doorbell rang again,making Seungkwan flinch slightly.

Jeonghan looked at Seungkwan with worry in his eyes, then turned his attention to the door.

He grabbed the doorknob to open it, but Seungkwan immediately grabbed Jeonghan's hand and shook his head.

Jeonghan turned his attention back to his friend.

Seungkwan held the older's hand tightly and looked at him with pleading eyes, begging for Jeonghan not to open the door.