Chapter 5

"What's wrong?"

Su Yue's eyesight was good. Children are the most innocent and cannot hide anything. She could see the fear in the little guy's eyes very clearly. 

"I don't know how there was a cockroach in the bathroom just now. The little master was scared. It's okay now. I've already stepped on the cockroach. You should eat quickly, little master."  He Xiaoqin pushed Jiang Haoyan's back with her hand. 

Jiang Haoyan lowered his little head and returned to his seat. 

"You're a little man. You don't need to be afraid of cockroaches. Just step on it."  Su Yue reached out to touch his little head across from her, but the next second, the little guy directly slapped her hand away. 

Jiang Haoyan had both disgust and fear in his eyes, but he was too young and fear prevailed. His big eyes instantly turned red. 

Su Yue withdrew her hand, but she wasn't angry. She knew that it would take more than a day or two to change the little guy's dislike of her." I'll have someone clean the room this afternoon, so you don't have to be afraid. I've peeled the shrimp for you. Eat it." 

Jiang Haoyan looked at her with his wet and soft big eyes, then lowered his head and continued to eat without saying a word. He didn't even touch the bowl of shrimp. 

"You stay."  The man's cold voice suddenly sounded, and Su Yue looked over. Jiang Ci was talking to the little guy. 

Jiang Haoyan raised his little head, and his dark big eyes looked at Jiang Ci brightly. 

Su Yue thought that the father and son wanted to talk privately, so she ordered He Xiaoqin to quickly tidy up the table and leave, while she had something to do. 

The door was closed, and the room became quiet because Su Yue had pulled open the curtains, and the scent of sunshine wafted in the air. 

"Come here."  Jiang Ci sat on a chair, his tall figure even made people feel oppressed even when sitting. 

The little guy fidgeted on the chair, then jumped off the ground, and walked to Jiang Ci's side with his short legs, carefully pulling on Jiang Ci's clothes, "Daddy."  He raised his little head, and his big eyes were shining. 

Jiang Ci lowered his head, his black eyes had no focus, "What happened just now?" Jiang Haoyan was not afraid of even mice, how could he be afraid of cockroaches?

"Daddy. . ."  Jiang Haoyan frowned, his small mouth pursed, he didn't know if he could tell his father. 

"Speak up." 

The little guy couldn't lie, now that his father asked him, Jiang Haoyan looked at Jiang Ci carefully with his big eyes, and answered in a milky voice, "Haohao hurts." 

Originally, he wanted to be a brave man and hold back his tears, but facing his favorite father, the little guy suddenly felt wronged. Even though he knew his father couldn't see it, he still lifted his clothes and pointed to the red marks on his body, "Daddy, Haohao hurts." 

Jiang Ci's handsome eyebrows furrowed slightly, "Where does it hurt?"

After Su Yue left the small building, she went to the villa to find Grandpa Jiang. 

"You said you want to pull out all the flowers in the backyard and replace them with bamboo?" Grandpa Jiang sat behind the desk, with white hair but a sharp look in his eyes, scrutinizing Su Yue. 

He was dissatisfied with his daughter-in-law. If it weren't for the scandal and the pressure from the Jiang family, she would never have married Jiang Ci.