Chapter 43

In the scorching summer, the sun hung high and roasted the trees on the road, causing their branches to droop and their leaves to wilt. 

Jiang Xuan looked at the dress that Jiang Muhang had sent over and was very pleased. She knew that her appearance belonged to the innocent and gentle type, and white had always been her favorite color, which also matched her the most. 

She touched the dress and said softly, "It's so beautiful." 

"It suits you very well."  Jiang Muhang put down the documents in his hand and turned to look at his little wife. 

"Can you attend the banquet? Your injury hasn't healed yet. How about we. . ." 

Jiang Xuan hesitated to speak. She knew how important this banquet was to Jiang Muhang. As the current head of Hengyuan Group, he had just taken over the group for a short time and now was the time to consolidate his power and demonstrate his status. He couldn't be absent from such an important day as the 20th anniversary of the group. 

Moreover, she also wanted to accompany him to attend the banquet. After all, in her previous life, she had been staying in the small villa and knew nothing about these banquets. In this life, she had the opportunity to start over and she wanted to stand by Jiang Muhang's side. 

"Don't worry, I won't move around randomly that day. As long as I don't touch the wound, it's fine. If you're still worried, then take care of me intimately."  Jiang Muhang's face didn't look very good because of his injury, but it didn't diminish his handsomeness. At this moment, he spoke in a low voice, saying sweet words that made Jiang Xuan blush. 

"Hmm, I'll watch you and make sure you don't drink."  Jiang Xuan looked at him softly with her black eyes. 

"Okay." After class, Jin Mingyuan suggested going out to eat together tonight. 

"I. . . Gu Xuechang said he would come find me," Xu Xue said softly with her head down. 

"That's even better. Aren't you two together now? He should come eat with us too," Jin Mingyuan rubbed her chin and thought her proposal was good. 

"Then I'll ask him," Xu Xue said softly. 

"Okay, you ask him quickly," Jin Mingyuan nudged Su Yue next to her with her elbow." What about you? Are you going back to accompany Jiang Ci? Su Yue, you should have some conscience and not prioritize romance over friendship. No, your Jiang Ci is not like that." 

Su Yue smiled helplessly." Okay, let's go together." 

The dining location was a classical and elegant Chinese courtyard that Jin Mingyan had chosen. This unique and quiet dining place was difficult to get a reservation for without prior booking or being a VIP. 

Entering the private room, the decor was antique and grand, with many calligraphies and paintings hanging on the walls. Pushing open the redwood window, there was a pond full of lotus flowers in front of them, with vibrant colors. Enjoying delicious food in such a beautiful scenery was quite enjoyable. 

"This is a really good place," Gu Chengfeng said with a smile, his handsome features becoming even more attractive. 

"Yeah, my eldest brother introduced me to it. He likes to invite people here to talk business," Jin Mingyuan casually sat down in a spot and had someone brew a pot of lotus tea. 

Su Yue sat down next to Jin Mingyuan, with Xu Xue sitting one seat away, and Gu Chengfeng on her other side. 

"It seems that your older brother is a humorous person," Gu Chengfeng kindly moved the lotus tea he had poured for Xu Xue to her side.