Chapter 46

The driver kept stepping on the gas pedal, and the black car was speeding on the highway. 

On the back seat, Su Yue was held in Jiang Ci's arms, crying in pain. Although she didn't have a mirror to look at, Su Yue knew that her face was severely injured. The burning and painful sensation kept coming, and her black eyes were red, with tears rolling down constantly. 

"Jiang Ci, I'm going to be disfigured. . ." 

Su Yue cried in Jiang Ci's arms, tears falling on the wound. She was in so much pain that she even gasped for breath. She wanted to touch the wound on her face, but was afraid of bacterial infection. The thought of being disfigured and ugly in the future made her cry even harder. 

Jiang Ci's thin lips were tightly pursed. He hugged her tightly and his pitch-black eyes were deep and unfathomable." Su Yue, who asked you to block me?"

Su Yue raised her head and looked at him through a layer of water." I. . . that person picked up a bottle of wine, and I thought he was going to hit you. . ."  She didn't think much at the time. Seeing Jiang Ci questioning her with a cold face, Su Yue felt very wronged. 

Jiang Ci's jawline tightened, his face cold." Did I ask you to help me block it?"

"Anger value: 50." 

Severe headache came, and the ringing in the brain sounded like it was about to explode. 

Su Yue looked at Jiang Ci incredulously with her reddened eyes. "I saved you, and you're angry instead? If I had known, if I had known. . ."  She weakly grabbed Jiang Ci's collar, and her uninjured face was pressed against his cold black suit. The tender skin was sore from the hard buttons. 

Now she hurts everywhere. 

What if she had known? Would she still have rushed forward? Anyway, his face was already ruined on one side. If it was ruined a little more, it wouldn't matter. Does she regret her impulse just now?

Hot tears slid down her hand as Jiang Ci's expression became frighteningly dark, but his big hands held her tighter. 

When she saw herself in the mirror, the doctor had already finished treating Su Yue's sulfuric acid burns on her cheeks and neck. 

Su Yue looked at herself in the mirror. Not only were several small areas of her snow-white cheeks blackened by the sulfuric acid, but the two thumb-sized scars in the middle of her cheeks were more severe. The doctor said that even after recovery, there would be scars that could be treated with skin graft surgery, but it would be difficult to restore the original texture of the skin without damage, and the skin color would also be different. 

She threw the mirror away and sniffled, "I'm disfigured." 

When she came over before, she saw that her original body was black and fat, but she wasn't upset. After all, black could be whitened, and fat could be reduced. But now that she's disfigured, especially with her other side's snow-white and flawless face, the scars are even more unsightly. How could Su Yue not be upset?

Now she was too sad to care about Jiang Ci's anger, and her head was throbbing. 

Su Yue bit her lip, her eyes red. She was so aggrieved. She was already very concerned about her appearance, and she was so beautiful yesterday, but today she was going to become an ugly monster. The more she thought about it, the sadder she became, and tears fell down her face without restraint." Are you so sad?" Jiang Ci sat by the bedside, listening to Su Yue's low and thin crying, he frowned. 

"How can I not be sad? A girl's face is the most important."  Su Yue raised her reddened eyes to look at Jiang Ci. He himself had also ruined his appearance. Wouldn't he empathize with her?