Chapter 12

At the corner.

"You're still slacking off here. The housekeeper ordered a thorough cleaning of the villa inside and out. It's less than a week until Mu Hang's birthday banquet next month. Let's hurry up and get to work." A short-haired servant pulled another young maid.

"Let me rest for a while. This morning I was sent by the housekeeper to clean the gate. In the past, it was only Jiang Ci's birthday party that was so grand. This year, I heard that Jiang Ci's birthday party will not be held, mainly to celebrate Mu Hang's birthday. All the wealthy families in B City have been invited."

"Isn't that obvious? With Jiang Ci's appearance, won't he scare people away? How could the Jiang family let others laugh at them? And now Mu Hang is in power, and he will definitely inherit the Jiang family in the future. Of course, this time we must celebrate his birthday grandly."

"Ah, it's really a bit sad. Jiang Ci was so glorious back then. Everyone who saw him was both respectful and fearful. Now he's been abandoned in a small broken building, and no one cares about him." The servant sighed.

"Do you pity him? Why don't you apply to take care of him? I heard that Jiang Ci still hasn't found a suitable caregiver." The short-haired maid sneered. The last thing the wealthy families need is sympathy, especially from these low-level people. Who has the qualifications to sympathize with others?

"Get lost, I don't want to. . ."

The young maid thought of the face she saw when Jiang Ci had just had an accident. Her body couldn't help but tremble. It was too terrifying and disgusting.

When Su Yue passed by, the two maids quickly shut up. Although they didn't have much respect for Su Yue, they wouldn't show any disrespect openly.

Hearing the maid's words, Su Yue felt uncomfortable.

In the past, in the entertainment industry, she had already become accustomed to all kinds of black powder's ridicule and slander against her. Even if the online abuse was severe, she could still ignore it. But at this moment, listening to the servant's disdainful words towards Jiang Ci, she felt very uncomfortable.

Walking to the living room, Su Yue saw Song Xiaoqing and Jiang Xuan talking and laughing.

Song Xiaoqing saw Su Yue, and the smile on her lips disappeared." You're here, come and sit down."

Su Yue walked over.

"I heard that your bamboo forest is ready?" Song Xiaoqing's tone was light.

"Mother, I'm sorry. I didn't know those flowers were planted by someone else, but I already asked Grandpa before pulling them out." Anyway, whether she pulled them out or not, did she have to plant them back?

"Silly child, I didn't mean to blame you. I asked you to come mainly for Jiang Ci. Next month, Jiang Ci's birthday is at the beginning of the month. You know that Jiang Ci and Mu Hang have the same birthday. In the past, the two brothers celebrated together. Now Jiang Ci wants to keep a low profile and not attend, and I won't force him." Song Xiaoqing rarely spoke kindly to Su Yue, "You are his wife, take good care of Jiang Ci on his birthday."

Su Yue understood that Song Xiaoqing's meaning was that if Jiang Ci didn't attend, she, Su Yue, didn't need to attend either. The two of them could stay in the small villa. If she were the original owner, she would definitely feel wronged and vow to attend Jiang Mu Hang's birthday party.

"Hmm, Mother, don't worry. I will take good care of Jiang Ci." She was not interested in Jiang Mu Hang's birthday party at all.

Song Xiaoqing did not expect her to agree so easily. She looked at Su Yue in surprise and praised her, "You are becoming more sensible." Looking at Su Yue's much thinner cheeks, she rarely showed concern, "Have you lost weight recently?"