Chapter 7

The next day, the morning sun shone through the cracks in the curtains, casting brilliant rays of light onto the gray carpet. What should have been a peaceful morning was disturbed by the sound of things falling to the ground.

Su Yue opened her eyes, feeling groggy. She had tossed and turned on the sofa for a long time last night and had only fallen asleep close to midnight. Even though the sofa was soft, there was not enough space for her to sleep comfortably. Her body had grown larger, and she felt cramped.

Hearing the sound coming from the bathroom, Su Yue glanced in the direction of the big bed. It was clear that Jiang Ci was in the bathroom.

She closed her eyes and didn't want to bother.

However, the noise inside grew louder. Su Yue frowned, sat up, put on her slippers, and walked inside.

"Jiang Ci, what are you doing. . . ah, you're bleeding."

Jiang Ci stood in front of the sink, wearing black pajamas. He had a slender figure, but his face didn't look good.

Su Yue's drowsiness disappeared instantly. She quickly walked to Jiang Ci's side, looked at his scratched and bleeding right cheek, and her eyes showed a sense of urgency." How did this happen? Come out, and I'll put some medicine on it." She didn't know if it would leave a scar.

Kicking away the iron rack and a pile of bottles and jars that had fallen to her feet, Su Yue was about to reach out and take Jiang Ci out when she suddenly remembered the scene where He Xiaoqin had begged for mercy after touching Jiang Ci's hand the last time. At that time, it was because He Xiaoqin had touched Jiang Ci's hand and angered him that she had a headache and heard the bell ringing.

Su Yue's hand pulled on the hem of Jiang Ci's black pajamas." Let's go."

The living room was very quiet.

Su Yue approached Jiang Ci to look at his wound. There was a nearly one-inch-long cut on the man's pale face. Fortunately, the wound was not deep, only the surface skin was scraped off. It should have been caused by the iron shelf next to him falling and grazing him.

"Your left face has already been disfigured, do you want your right face to be symmetrical?" She whispered, "Aren't you afraid of being ugly to death?"

Jiang Ci sat on the edge of the bed, and Su Yue leaned in close. He smelled the faint milk fragrance on her body. He lazily lifted his eyelids and said indifferently, "Anyway, I can't see it." Even if he was ugly, it wouldn't be ugly in his eyes.

Su Yue was stunned: ". . . . . ."

She took a deep breath and carefully wiped away the blood stains on his face with a cotton swab, and then applied disinfectant to it.

"Does it hurt?"

Feeling the muscles on the man's face twitch, Su Yue quickly lightened her touch and gently blew on his wound.

A strange feeling spread across his face, and Jiang Ci's face tightened.

His face was pale, and now there was another scar, making him look a bit pitiful. Su Yue's movements in applying the medicine became even more gentle.

"Are you sure you know how to apply medicine?" Jiang Ci sneered.

This man still had the nerve to look down on her!

Su Yue glared at him and met the man's pitch-black eyes without any focus. She lowered her eyelids and tore open the hemostatic plaster, directly applying it to his wound.

On one side was a scar from a burn, and on the other was an ugly hemostatic plaster. This face was really unbearable to look at.

"Why didn't you ask me for help?" She wasn't a heartless person. If he had asked for her help, she would have agreed.