Chapter 48

Jiang Ci was wearing a black shirt, standing tall and cold. At this moment, he turned his back to Su Yue and bent down his straight waist, "I'll help your grandfather up." 

Su Yue looked at him in surprise, "Okay." 

Although Grandpa was old and thin, he was not light. With the help of Grandma, Su Yue struggled to lift him onto Jiang Ci's back. 

Looking at Jiang Ci, his legs were steady and there was no shaking. He easily lifted Su's grandfather on his back, "Lead the way." 

Su Yue hurriedly walked to Jiang Ci's side and held his arm, "Jiang Ci, let's walk steadily." 

"Are you worried that I will drop your grandfather?" Jiang Ci pulled the corner of his mouth and sneered softly, "Don't worry, I won't." 

Jiang Ci carried Su's grandfather without a sound, and Su Yue walked beside him, occasionally giving him directions and avoiding the clutter in the alley. She looked at Jiang Ci, his black bangs were a bit messy, and the scar on the left side of his face was fierce, but it didn't stop Su Yue from thinking he was handsome. 

When they arrived at the hospital, the weather was already faintly bright, and the black curtain was lifted a corner, revealing a little light. 

The hospital was very quiet, with only some medical staff walking around. After the doctor finished examining Su's grandfather and he was lying in the ward receiving an IV drip, Su Yue finally breathed a sigh of relief. She turned her head to look at Jiang Ci, the man's handsome eyebrows were a bit tired, and Jiang Haoyan was leaning his head against him, standing there nodding off, cute and pitiful. 

"Jiang Ci, take little Haoyao to Grandma's house to rest first." 

Over there, Su's grandmother watched as Su's grandfather's fever had subsided a bit, and only then did she have the energy to look at her granddaughter. Earlier, her daughter had said on the phone that her granddaughter had become thinner and more beautiful, which made her happy. Now, looking at Su Yue's thin figure, she had indeed lost weight, but she had lost too much weight. Before, she looked healthy with her plump figure, but now she was so thin that it made people feel sorry for her. 

However, why is this child wearing a mask? Did she catch a cold?

"Yue Yue, Grandma is here to take care of your grandfather. You should go back and rest. You came here overnight and didn't sleep all night. How can you stand it?" Su's grandmother pulled the blanket for Su's grandfather. 

"Grandma, you also took care of Grandpa all night without sleeping. I'll stay here to take care of him. You should go back and rest," Su Yue shook her head. 

"I won't feel at ease if I don't watch your grandfather," Su's grandmother looked tired. 

"I'm here. Grandma, you can rest assured and go back to sleep. After Grandpa wakes up, we will come back. . ."  Su Yue persuaded her for a long time before Su's grandmother was willing to go home and rest. 

Su Yue asked the driver to send Su's grandmother and Jiang Haoyan back first, while she and Jiang Ci stayed behind. 

Jiang Ci lazily leaned on the chair and yawned, "Su Yue, let me lean on your shoulder." 

Hearing this, Su Yue moved the chair next to Jiang Ci and sat up straight, letting Jiang Ci's head rest on her shoulder." Actually, I can stay here alone. You can go back and rest." 

"Are you sure you can carry your grandfather to the car by yourself?" Jiang Ci rested his head on Su Yue's shoulder without any hesitation. Unlike his firm touch, she was soft and boneless, and her shoulders were soft, as if they would break if he squeezed them.