Chapter 18

In the early morning, the gentle sunlight shone through the transparent glass into the ward, and the room was dyed with a layer of soft light. Occasionally, a few crisp bird calls could be heard from outside the window, making people feel happy on such a beautiful day.

When Jiang Ci woke up, it was much later than usual.

Su Yue's head kept burrowing into his arms, and her hair occasionally rubbed against his face, feeling a bit itchy. He pinched her waist and wondered if it was an illusion that her waist seemed thinner than last night. Although it was soft, there was not much flesh.

He measured her waist again and wondered why it had become so thin.

Jiang Ci was a little disgusted that this woman had lost weight too quickly. He preferred to hold someone with a bit more flesh.

However, compared to just smelling the milk fragrance on her body before, this time, holding her to sleep, not only did his eyes not feel any stinging sensation, but most importantly, he had a good night's sleep.

He smiled.

Holding her warm body like this was not bad.

At this moment, Su Yue moved, her face rubbed against Jiang Ci's chest, and her hand rested on his waist. Her clothes were accidentally lifted up a bit.

Although he didn't feel it through the clothes before, now that his palm was directly touching her smooth and tender skin, Jiang Ci's fingertips rubbed against it and a hint of surprise appeared on his usually expressionless face.

Pressing the palm against it and stroking it gently, it felt warm and soft.

Are all women's waists this soft and smooth?

Jiang Ci pinched and touched it, enjoying the delicate touch.

Su Yue was awakened by the soreness and itchiness around her waist.

She opened her sleepy eyes and saw the broad chest in front of her. She blinked, thinking she was still half asleep. However, the itchiness around her waist kept coming, and Su Yue couldn't help but lift her head. She saw the sexy Adam's apple, the perfect jawline, and the uneven scar on the face.

Did she. . . fall asleep in Jiang Ci's arms?

"Are you awake?" Jiang Ci's clear and magnetic voice sounded above her head, with a hint of laziness, very pleasant to hear.

Su Yue was scared and wanted to move away from Jiang Ci a bit. She quickly explained, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. . . sleep over here." She forgot to put the blanket in the middle last night, so she must have rolled over to Jiang Ci's side.

"But can you let go now?" Su Yue caught Jiang Ci's wrist. His hand had been pinching and rubbing her waist, what was he trying to do? She pulled down the small corner of her clothes that had been accidentally lifted and sat up, slightly annoyed, "Why are you pinching people randomly?"

Jiang Ci's face flashed a hint of regret. He thought Su Yue's waist was quite soft and fun to play with.

Upon hearing her words, he raised an eyebrow and casually said, "Last night, you actively snuggled into my arms and hugged me. You were the one who took advantage of me first." He smirked and sneered, "I've only heard of people who don't recognize others after getting out of bed, but I didn't know that people could also turn their faces away from others while still in bed. You're allowed to hug me, but I'm not allowed to touch you?"

"What do you mean not recognizing others. . ."

Su Yue blushed. They didn't do anything.

Helplessly biting her lip, feeling guilty and lacking confidence, Su Yue could only secretly glare at Jiang Ci before getting off the bed.