Chapter 124: Extra Story

At Su's home.

"Are you going to hold a wedding?" Fang Ru was shocked.

"Hmm, I was blind before. When I got married, it was arranged by others and it doesn't count." Besides, he didn't see Su Yue wearing a wedding dress for him with his own eyes.

Fang Ru had been upset about her daughter marrying Jiang Ci casually and only having a meal as a wedding ceremony. She and her husband cherished their daughter who they raised with love, and naturally couldn't bear to see her suffer any grievances. But when her daughter insisted on marrying Jiang Ci, they had no choice but to accept it, and there was always regret in their hearts. Now that Jiang Ci proposed to hold a wedding ceremony, she was not only shocked but also happy.

"This is a good thing, and I agree." Fang Ru smiled. Now that Jiang Ci's eyes had recovered and he was no longer blind, even the scars on his face had healed, and he was handsome. Most importantly, she could see that Jiang Ci had been treating her daughter well for such a long time, and he truly loved her. She used to feel sorry for her daughter marrying Jiang Ci, but now she felt that her daughter had good judgment and foresight.

Moreover, he was cold-hearted but often loyal and devoted.

Beside her, Su Jindong snorted coldly, but he didn't object at all, obviously agreeing.

Fang Ru smiled and asked, "Have you picked a date?"

"Not yet, could you please help us choose, mother-in-law?" Jiang Ci rarely spoke so respectfully.

"Of course, it's not troublesome at all." How could Fang Ru refuse?

Finally, the auspicious day chosen by Fang Ru was one month later, which was enough time to prepare for the wedding. Due to traditional etiquette, Su Jindong said that Jiang Ci and Su Yue could not meet before the wedding, as it was considered unlucky.

Jiang Ci's eyes darkened, knowing that his father-in-law was not pleased with him and wanted to punish him.

"It's the modern era now, and those customs don't matter." Fang Ru saw that Jiang Ci's expression wasn't good and scolded Su Jindong, saying that it was okay not to follow the tradition.

"Why shouldn't we follow it? My father-in-law said that when I married you, we didn't see each other for two months. Now that this stinky boy is here, he should also follow the tradition." Su Jindong insisted.

Su Yue felt the big hand on her waist tighten, and she turned her head to wink at Jiang Ci. "Then I'll stay here for a month." After all, she wanted to be good with Jiang Ci in the future.

Jiang Ci glanced at her quietly, not making a sound, which was considered an agreement.

Su Jindong couldn't help feeling a bit proud, finally winning a round in front of his son-in-law, feeling relieved.

"Okay, Yue Yue, you can stay at home for a month. The room has been cleaned and the batch of clothes that were customized for you are in your closet. You can stay here tonight and don't need to go back to pack your things." Fang Ru was also happy that her daughter was staying at home.

Su Yue obediently replied, "I understand. "

After dinner, Su Yue walked Jiang Ci to the door. The snow had stopped, and there were no stars or moonlight in the night, and it was quiet around them.

"Be careful when you drive back." Su Yue withdrew her hand from the pocket of Jiang Ci's black coat and whispered.

"You don't have to come back with me. Are you really that happy?" Jiang Ci lowered his gaze and looked at Su Yue, who was smiling brightly in front of him with shining eyes. He unhappily reached out to pinch her nose, but she didn't seem to be reluctant at all.