Chapter 31

In the early morning, a soft morning sun shone into the room, and the gloomy atmosphere of the deep gray room faded away, replaced by a hint of warmth. On the white porcelain vase placed by the window, a few green bamboo shoots were inserted. Under the sunlight, the leaves were as green as jade, fresh and beautiful.

On the large bed in the room, a slender and white leg stretched out from under the blanket, half pressed by a man's long leg, and their toes were intertwined.

Under the thin gray sheet, two figures leaned against each other.

Su Yue opened her eyes, still feeling sleepy. She blinked and her mind was not awake yet. Feeling the weight on her waist, she looked down and saw a big hand lying on it, tightly holding it.

Su Yue remembered that last night, Jiang Ci kindly shared his pillow with her, and she slept next to him.

Carefully, Su Yue wanted to remove Jiang Ci's hand.

"Are you awake?" Behind her, the man's low and hoarse voice sounded, with a hint of laziness.

Su Yue was stunned, "Good morning, Jiang Ci, I want to get up."

"But I still want to sleep." Jiang Ci closed his eyes and said slowly behind her, "Su Yue, I found that sleeping while holding you leads to high-quality sleep."

What?

Su Yue couldn't quite understand his meaning.

Jiang Ci tightened his arms around the soft and warm body in his embrace, and pressed her close to him. His warm fingertips pinched her slender waist and he chuckled lowly, lazily, "So soft."

In an instant, Su Yue's face turned red and she felt ticklish. "Don't. . . don't pinch me!" What was wrong with this man? He had been pinching her waist these past few days, it was so itchy.

Jiang Ci didn't stop, he pressed his body against hers and rested his chin on Su Yue's neck, looking affectionate. He raised his eyebrows and said bluntly and naturally, "Su Yue, your body is very soft."

Su Yue's fair face blushed and she tried to break free from Jiang Ci's grip." What are you talking about?"

Jiang Ci rubbed his firm chin against her tender and smooth skin." Su Yue, holding you like this, I can sleep very well."

Su Yue broke free from his grip. "Who said you could hold me? Let go!" She was so angry that her cheeks puffed up. Was she a pillow?

Feeling Su Yue's reluctance, Jiang Ci let go of her hand and turned his body to lie down. He said lazily, "Boring."

Su Yue blinked and didn't expect Jiang Ci to let go so easily. The next second, she heard him say, "Su Yue, if you don't want to be held, go make mango cake."

Su Yue took a deep breath and turned to look at the man lying straight beside her. She was so angry that her teeth itched. But looking at his expressionless face and closed lips, Su Yue suddenly didn't feel angry anymore. What was the point of arguing with a man of such unpredictable character?

"I don't want to make it for you, you already ate a lot of cake yesterday, you can't eat it every day." Su Yue pulled his sleeve.

Jiang Ci didn't hum, but Su Yue knew he wasn't angry.

Su Yue leaned over and whispered softly in his ear, "Eating too much sugar is not good for your health, and you will get fat in the future. You are so good-looking, you will become ugly if you get fat." Although she had reduced the amount of sugar and used other ingredients to replace some of it when making the cake, the cake was still high in calories and not good for the body if eaten too much.