4

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Meiyo POV

The next day dawned, I wake up and go straight to the shower to get ready. The warm water pours down on me and I briefly enjoy the moment. Nothing exciting happened last night. Kenny invited Mikey, which is how I finally learned his name, to stay over since it was past midnight. We postponed the dinner I was going to cook for my brother until tonight.

After I get out of the shower, I dry off and look for my favorite bathrobe to snuggle in. I start blow drying my hair while looking at myself in the mirror. I notice that I look a bit tired and decide to hide my dark circles with concealer, even though it's a bit counterproductive since I'm about to go to the pool. After I finish, I brush my teeth thoroughly and feel fresh and ready for the day.
Looking at the clock, I realize that I still have two hours before I meet Hinata for the pool. In my room, I dig out my red bikini from the closet and put it on. I love the feel of the cool fabric against my skin, especially when the weather is as damn hot as it is right now. I just pull clothes over it, then I don't have to change on site. However, I already put on a pair of shorts.

Since I still have some time, I go to the kitchen to make me a toast for breakfast. However, I stop on the way to the kitchen in the living room. There a sleepy Mikey is sitting on the sofa while Kenny is standing behind him doing his hair. Kenny combs his hair with deft fingers and I watch, fascinated, as he untangles strand after strand. He seems to be doing his friend's hair like a pro, and I am amazed at his skills.
I was surprised and cautiously ask, "What are you doing here?"
"I'm doing the princess's hair here because he can't do it on his own. And when I don't do it, they keep hanging in his face and then he cries," Kenny answered without looking up. It looks so professional, like he does it regularly. I see Mikey relax and even fall asleep a little.
"Are you guys... A couple?", I ask without thinking. I immediately widen my eyes and cover my mouth as I realize what I just said.
"I mean, I don't have a problem with you being with a man, Kenny. I just want you to be happy. I'm cool with that!" I wave my hands nervously, realizing I'm only making it worse with what I'm saying. Kenny gives me a dirty look. "Are you crazy? Where did you get that absurd idea?" he asks me angrily and I can feel myself blushing.

Mikey POV

When I wake up, I'm still yawning to myself and don't feel really awake. But when she asks if we're a couple, I suddenly perk up. As she speaks, I can't help but grin.
"I mean, so loving the way you take care of him! You carry him, let him sleep here, bring him food, call him princess and do his hair! I mean, the hair! You only let someone do your hair when you really like someone!" the more she says, the more I have to grin. She's waving her hands so funny while she's doing it, and she's spouting more and more bullshit.
"Stop grinning so stupidly!", Ken-chin suddenly says and hits me on the head, whereupon I shout "Owaa!" and rub my spot.
"We're not a couple, and I don't go for men either. And if I did, it certainly wouldn't be on this complete idiot here. You should really stop reading your boy-love mangas, they don't agree with you," Ken-chin tells his sister, doing my typical braid.

The look on his sister's face calms down a bit, but then I suddenly get an idea. I turn to Ken-chin and put my arms around his neck.
"Ken-chin... We don't have to hide any longer. She found out, we should confess to her. Then we won't have to hide anymore either, and we can be ourselves here with you in peace," I try to sound as seductive as I can without bursting into laughter. But the look he gave me, a mixture of disgust, confusion and pure hatred, makes it really hard for me not to laugh out loud. Instead, I grin at him fondly and press against him provocatively.
"She told you she's cool with it, so don't be shy, okay?", I continue.
"Tell me, are you crazy? The heat must be getting to your head!" he suddenly roars, forcibly pushing me away from him.
"Will you stop giving my sister the wrong idea about me, you idiot!" he continues to yell, coming around the couch and toward me.
"But Ken-chin! I love you, don't I? Stop breaking my heart just because Mei-chin can't know about us and that you're gay! Denial won't do any good anymore!", I say, getting more and more into it, which makes him even angrier and his sister more confused. As if she doesn't believe her eyes and ears.
But I don't have time to look at this sight any longer. Ken-chin comes at me and wants to punch me in the face. I quickly jump up on the table and down on the other side.
"But baby, why are you so shy all of a sudden? Is it because she's your sister?", I try again, but Ken-chin interrupts me: "If you don't shut your mouth soon, I'm going to kill you, Mikey!", he says and now chases me all over the living room.

At some point I hide with behind Mei-chin and use her as a shield, only now she seems to be back in the here and now, because now she stirs again.
"Isn't he cute when he's so shy? The way he plays like he's mad?", I grin at her.
"So... Live it up?" she says quietly. Ken-chin just replies with a confused "Huh?!", and I can't hold back my laughter. I laugh out loud and point under her arms at Ken-chin, several small veins of anger forming on his face. He wants to come at me again, of course, but I keep turning away, and she's naturally in his direction, after all, she's my only protection right now. Eventually he gives up and lets out an annoyed groan.
"We're not together!" he says again, rubbing his head as if he has a headache.

Meiyo POV

This spectacle that is happening in front of me is definitely too much for me. I can't decide if Mikey is serious or if he's just joking. I just don't know him well enough to judge. But to be honest, I'm just as bad at sizing up Kenny.

Regardless of whether Mikey is serious or not, my mind runs wild. I imagine them holding hands, lying in bed together, kissing and.... maybe even making love... Is it possible that it's one of those forbidden romances between two friends, like in my boy-love manga? The idea makes me blush, and I can feel my face getting even redder.
Luckily, I'm snapped out of this daydream before I can even figuratively picture the details. Mikey has actually just used me as a shield and starts laughing. I look closer at Kenny's face and have to laugh myself. It does look kind of funny the way he's getting worked up right now.
"We're not together!" repeats Kenny and I just nod dutifully.
"If you say so!", I grin at him and finally turn away from Mikey. He still has his arms under my armpits and is pointing at Kenny. "And you, don't touch me!", I push him away from me.
"And where are you going anyway? And what are you wearing anyway? Don't you walk around in your underwear when you have visitors!" my brother deftly changes the subject.
"That's not underwear! This is my bikini top, I'm about to go to the pool," I reply, trying to cross my arms in front of my chest to hide them a bit.
"Let's go swimming too, Ken-chin! I'm sure it'll be as hot today as it was yesterday!", Mikey interferes again.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰