28

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

I look at the guys sitting down in front of me and immediately I feel uncomfortable. They are the same guys who were causing trouble on the ship at noon today. I'm about to turn away when one of the boys addresses me.
"Where is your friend? I have to clear something up with him. He'll regret knocking me unconscious," the supposed leader speaks angrily. I immediately lower my gaze and feel my hackles stand up and my body tense.
"I don't know where he is," I say quietly and the guy in front of me gets so angry that he stands up and pushes my tray of food aside. The food falls to the floor and scatters on the ground. Immediately, I flinch and get scared.
"That's really too bad, little girl. I guess you'll have to deal with my anger then, and I certainly won't be kind," the boy continues, coming around the table once. He grabs me roughly by the arm and pulls me behind him, followed by the other three boys.

Tears immediately shoot into my eyes and I try to free myself from his grip.
"Let go of me, I haven't done anything to you," I almost plead, banging my free hand against his hand that is holding me. Seeking help, I look around, but no one seems to care as everyone continues to eat calmly.
"You should stay calm, little girl, " another one says, grabbing my free arm to make me stop hitting the guy. They drag me further and further away from the others and deeper into the darkness. By now the sun has set completely, and only a few lanterns light up the dark pebble path. The more they drag me into the darkness, the more scared I get, and the more tears leave my eyes. The supposed boss has let go of me by now, but the other one still holds me tight. More and more I fidget around, trying to free myself from his grip.
"So, where the bastard?" the big guy asks me again, lighting a cigarette. He blows the smoke in my face, and I just grimace in disgust.
"I don't know," I bring out shakily and continue crying. Damn, my heart is beating up to my throat, and I feel terrible fear. Shortly after, I feel a sharp pain. The boy with the cigarette in his mouth hits my jaw, and I immediately taste the blood in my mouth flowing from my split lip. I really try to pull myself together and not cry out in pain.
"Especially brave, huh? Let's see how long it takes you to beg me to stop," he continues to grin, and already I feel the next blow against my temple and the next one in my stomach. I try to fight back, but it's futile. The boys are too strong and I have no chance against them. I feel my stomach tighten as I take the next blow. My knees buckle and I would fall to the ground if the guy didn't hold me down and he keeps punching me. I can only pray that he will stop soon.

Fortunately, the guy holding me is not in as strong a grip as the other guy, which is why he lets go of me with the next blow and I immediately seize the opportunity and run away. It's bordering on a miracle that I can run at all, because my heart is racing with fear and my body is quivering with adrenaline.
Suddenly I hear an angry voice screaming, "You idiot, can't you even hold on to a girl?" and the next moment I hear their footsteps, they are chasing me. I try to escape as fast as I can, but they are persistent and still after me. They shout at me to stop, but I don't dream of it. As I run, I look around for a place to hide. I hope to pass trailer number 13 and quickly lock myself in, but all I see are signs with ever increasing numbers: 87, 88, 89, 90.

Cursing inwardly, I finally spot a bathroom facility and immediately run toward it. I lock the door as fast as I can and go into one of the cubicles to lock myself in again.
"Come out of there sweetie, you can't hide forever," they yell and bang wildly on the door, demanding me to come out. Breathing heavily, I lean against the wall and slide down it. Now I really feel the pain of the beating I received.
"Damn it, I didn't do anything!", I curse softly and pull my cell phone out of my pocket with shaky hands. I wince every time they knock on the door, and more and more tears leave my eyes, partly because of the pain, but mostly out of fear. I open my contacts and look for Keikei's number, he needs to come and help me. As I scroll through my few contacts, Mikey's number suddenly catches my eye and I wonder, "But from where?" I quickly shake my head as I am jolted out of my thoughts by a shout outside the door.

I really don't have time for this.

I dial the number and hold the cell phone to my ear. I hear the hooting and pray that he picks up, while outside the voices are getting louder and more aggressive.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰