58

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

The next morning I am already freshly showered in the caravan and full of anticipation I start packing up my suitcase for the upcoming departure as I put every single item into my suitcase. The ship is due to leave at 2pm and I can hardly wait, because finally the time has come - I'm going back home and can snuggle up in my own bed again. Although there are still a few hours until departure, my joy is so overwhelming that I wake up early in the morning, even though I only fell asleep in the middle of the night.

I hear a sleepy, hoarse voice behind me yawning: "Why are you up so early? It's not even 8 o'clock yet." As I turn around, I see him standing in front of me with his eyes closed. His hair is slightly dishevelled and his face has marks from the pillow on his face. Suddenly I feel his arms wrap around my stomach and gently pull me back onto the bed as he pulls me against him. A shiver runs down my spine and instantly my face turns red. I squint up at him and see his relaxed expression as he closes his eyes again.
It still feels surreal that he is actually my boyfriend now. It's not a dream, because I don't think I'd be in his arms otherwise. I can feel his warmth and hear the beating of his heart as he pulls my head to his chest. I close my eyes too and try to doze off some more while I enjoy the feeling of his arms around me.

At some point, the alarm on my mobile rings and pulls me out of my sleep. Tired, I roll over onto my back with Mikey still clutching me tightly, trying to stretch me out.
With exhaustion in my voice, I whine, "Let go, we need to get ready." Desperately, I try to push him away from me, but he just grumbles to himself, opens his sullen eyes and regards me accordingly.
"No," he mutters, pulling me even closer to him. "I want to eat something before the ship leaves, so let me go," I continue to complain, trying to push him away from me. But he simply does not give in.
"There's plenty of time for that too, so stop pushing me away," he whispers wanly and closes his eyes again.
"Mikeeey, now let go of me already," I continue to whine sulkily.

Suddenly he moves jerkily and leans over me, holding my hands by the wrists beside me. A shiver runs through my body as he is over me, holding my hands in place.
"Because of you, my throat hurts and I'm tired because you won't let me sleep. So at least let me hold you," he murmurs reproachfully. His lips gently touch mine and for a moment I forget that we actually have to get ready.
"Okay," I whisper softly and smile at him. "You win." Our fingers find and intertwine as he lies directly on top of me, literally pressing his face into my breasts. I draw in a sharp breath, feeling the blush rise to my face and my heart speed up abruptly.
"Your heart is beating so fast all of a sudden, is that making you uncomfortable?" he asks me, and although I can't see him, I can hear his grin.
"Apparently you're not so tired when you can tease me. So get down," I curse softly. I push him away from me with my arms and legs and immediately stand up, muttering an "idiot" after him.

I continue to sulk as I pack up the rest of my things. Frustrated, I turn to take the rest and that's when I see Mikey watching me with a mischievous grin on his face. A twitch flits across his lips as I take a step towards him and hold out my arm to help him up. I can't deny that his cheeky grin also has a hint of charm that melts my heart.
"Mikey, we can make time for each other later," I say with a hint of apology in my voice. "But right now we really need to hurry, I'm hungry!" A playful glint slides over his eyes and his lips form a smile that triggers warmth in me as he grabs my hands and slowly sits up to lean down towards me. The warmth of his breath brushes across my cheek and my heartbeat intensifies for a moment.
He whispers softly in my ear, "I'll take your word for it." My pulse quickens noticeably and a smile spreads across my face.

Finally, he has gotten around to taking a shower as well and then packing his things. We make our way to breakfast together. As we walk through the streets, he doesn't let go of me for a moment and clutches me from behind, practically making us waddle.
"Let go, people are already looking," I mumble, my cheeks slightly flushed with embarrassment. The look of the surrounding people watching us, smiling softly, intensifies my blush even more. I feel a little uncomfortable about the attention we're attracting.
"I'm not even thinking about it," Mikey replies with a grin, repeatedly blowing little kisses on my neck or cheek. Each kiss leaves a trail of warmth on my skin and sends a tingle inside me.
"You're so childish...", I whisper, pouting. But before he can say anything back, Baji and Chifuyu join us at a fork in the road and look at us in confusion. Their puzzled looks meet our familiar togetherness, and I can't help but wonder what they're thinking.

Noticing the look on my best friend's face, I lower my head in shame and feel a lump in my stomach. I haven't thought about how to break it to Keikei or my brother yet. The tension is palpable and I can literally see the anger rising in my brother, even threatening to kill Mikey and me. An icy chill runs down my spine as I realize this thought and I look over at Mikey in horror. He just grins at the two of them and hugs me even tighter.
"Tough luck, Baji," he says with a mocking undertone. "She's my girlfriend now, so I forbid you to touch her." His grin widens even more as he proudly proclaims like a victory. I am speechless and just shake my head. But really, I should have known that such a thing would come from him. Chifuyu congratulates us in confusion and Kei just walks on without comment. I can't really gauge what's going on in his head at this moment, and it scares me. His facial expression doesn't really betray joy, but rather a mixture of confusion and worry.

"Mikey, if you so much as utter a similar line to Kenny, I will kill you before he even has the chance," I mutter softly as I look behind my best friend. "I want to tell Kenny myself, so don't mention anything to him and don't touch me to him either!"
"Uhh then we have to keep it a secret, right?" he asks in confirmation and I nod in response with a, "Yes we do, at least until I tell him."
An amused smile flits across Mikey's face as he says, "It'll be fun, deal." He laughs and I turn around in his arms, since he's still holding me, and lightly smack his chest.
"I mean it, Mikey! Don't you dare say or do anything to make him suspicious!", I say angrily, looking at him urgently. He just grins and gives me a kiss, then turns me back around to follow the other two.

It can't be kept secret from Hina and her boyfriend either. So I ask everyone at dinner not to tell my brother, because I would like to do it myself, even if I don't know how yet. Time passes quickly after dinner and before I know it we are back on the ship and on our way back. Mikey is incredibly affectionate and doesn't leave my side for a moment. It's actually really sweet, but also quite exhausting in the long run. The boat ride is mostly quiet, the weather is still cloudy from the previous night's storm, so no sun is shining and it's not worth being on deck.
The trip passes relatively quickly and I increasingly have the feeling that something is wrong with Kei. He hasn't exchanged a word with me since he met me this morning, and now on the ship he has suddenly disappeared and is not sitting with us. As soon as we get back, I take it upon myself to confront him and find out what's going on.

The bus ride back is just as quiet. Mikey falls back asleep while I stare out the window the entire time, going through countless situations on how best to explain it to my brother. My mind is full of questions and thoughts, and I hope I will find the right words to explain the situation to him as best I can.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰