68

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Kei looks at me in surprise and pulls his arm away from me. He turns away from me and says, "It's nothing."
I feel my heartbeat quicken, my hands begin to shake. "You're lying," I breathe in a shaky voice, barely audible. "You avoid me, ignore my messages and calls," my words speed up as frustration boils up inside me. "And every damn time we run into each other, you immediately flee - just like now," I say desperately. "So please, don't lie to me and finally tell me what the hell is going on," I plead, a hint of desperation in my voice.

But instead of giving me a proper answer, he rolls his eyes in annoyance and says curtly, "Don't be annoying."
Surprised by this answer, I widen my eyes and look at him in disbelief. "Excuse me?" it escapes me, as for a brief moment I really thought I had misheard.
"I told you not to bug me," he repeats indifferently and walks past me with slow steps, back to the other two who are watching us. I turn around, still looking at him, stunned. A soft, exasperated laugh escapes me briefly as I shake my head and simply walk in the opposite direction. Tears gather in my eyes, but I try to fight it and not cry it out in public. I've completely lost all desire for the rest of the day, and I just want to go home. I feel like just throwing myself in my bed and crying.

When I finally calm down and detach myself from him, we find ourselves in a completely different place. I didn't even notice that we had moved.
"Are you okay?" he asks me, brushing a few strands out of my face. I nod hesitantly and wipe my own face. "I'm sorry, it just came out," I whisper softly, not daring to look at him.
"He's avoiding me and won't tell me why...", I just start to tell him since I have a feeling he would ask about it. So I beat him to it. "Then he still told me not to be annoying and left," I finish my sentence in a broken voice.
"Do you want me to talk to him?" he asks me, and I just shake my head."No, it's his and my business. Please don't get involved," I whisper softly and then look at him anyway.A slight smile graces his lips and he nods.
"I want to go home, I don't feel like it anymore. You're welcome to stay and look for the others, I'm leaving," I say still and make my way towards the exit.
"Like I'm going to let you go home alone," he retorts as he suddenly appears next to me.He takes my hand in his and lets it swing happily back and forth as if he's been waiting for it all day. I can't help but smile. Stopping short, I turn to him and give him a kiss. At that moment, I don't care that we might get caught. I just want it - here and now.

[...]

Baji POV

The fight with Mei fucked me up for the rest of the day and I just can't get rid of my bad mood. Unfortunately, Chifuyu gets all my frustration.
Shortly after our argument, we leave the amusement park, but instead of going home, we head to some club nearby. The club is an oasis of distraction. The loud music and the hustle and bustle of people seem to temporarily push all my problems into the background.

We get drunk - or rather, I do. Chifuyu is more the one watching over me. I choose to drown my emotions in intoxication.
I drink and party late into the night. The drinks flow in streams, and I try to drown my situation in alcohol. Each sip is like a desperate attempt to numb my feelings and forget for a moment. But the more I drink, the blurrier my vision becomes and the angrier I get at the world around me.

Suddenly, a heated argument breaks out between a stranger and me, whose visage I don't like for some inexplicable reason. The tension is palpable, and I feel anger brewing in my veins. Before I tear this guy apart, that's the sign for Chifuyu to get me out of here.
So we leave the club sometime after midnight. The fresh air hits me like an ice-cold blow, and the alcohol seems to pulse even stronger in my veins. I'm drunk as a skunk and can barely walk straight. I cling to Chifuyu, who is supporting me and desperately trying to get me home.

A while later, when I find myself on my bed, I realize that Chifuyu has disappeared at some point because I hear the front door clacking. He probably thinks I've fallen asleep since I've stopped muttering. But in reality, I'm so nauseous that I can't sleep, and the constant retching and moaning further impedes any chance of sleep. Rarely have I overdone it as much as I did today, and if it hadn't been for my babysitter, I'd probably still be sitting in the club.

I'm lying on my bed and I'm really trying to fall asleep, I'm really trying my best, but I'm not succeeding. I feel like shit - miserable, partly because of the alcohol and partly because I treated my best friend so shitty. These feelings of guilt drive me to drink and sink into my self-pity.
Frustrated, I sigh loudly and stand up, remaining seated for a moment as my eyes go black. As the dizziness subsides and my vision becomes clearer, I make my way to the door, put on my shoes, and leave the house.

I now stagger through the dark, deserted streets for what feels like an eternity. My legs feel heavy, as if they could give way under me at any moment, and I have to feel my way along the rough house walls to keep my balance. I finally reach the building I'm looking for and stop in front of it.
"MIKEY," I yell through the night, repeating it over and over. Eventually the lights come on and Mikey is standing in front of me, yawning and rubbing his eyes.
"What the hell are you still doing here now?" he asks, annoyed and tired. His words hit me like a slap in the face, triggering a wave of anger inside me.
"Are you drunk? You stink," he says calmly and that makes me even angrier. Without thinking about it for a moment, I grab him by the collar and pull him menacingly close to me.

A low, growling sound escapes my lips as I tell him in a firm voice, "You get on my nerves so insanely." But he is not impressed, effortlessly freeing himself from my drunken grip, straightening his top and looking at me unimpressed.
"Then just go again, so I can keep crashing," he replies calmly.
"Your cocky attitude goes against the grain, Mikey," I suddenly yell at him, trying to punch one of the three Mikeys I think I see.
Of course, he expertly fends off my drunken attempt at a punch and holds my fist as he now looks at me angrily.
"What the hell is your problem?" he starts yelling too. "My problem is that you're with Mei," I say it for the first time and it feels wrong. So fucking wrong.

Mikey looks at me with wide, confused eyes and stammers questioningly, "Hah?" as he continues to watch me.
"You're bad for her, damn it!", I yell back at him. "You're going to hurt her, destroy her, and then leave her on the ground just like everyone else before!" I pause for a moment to catch my breath as the alcohol in my veins takes more strength than I expected.
Mikey stares at me with his mouth open, his eyes widening in surprise. "You're bad for everyone around you. You just attract trouble," I continue, my voice quivering with anger. But I am far from finished. I launch into another scream, "She deserves someone a thousand times better than you! You only play with her when it suits you that she is there. You have no idea what true feelings are. So you better let her go before she perishes because of you!"
Mikey looks at me with a stunned expression and seems speechless. Not a single word passes his lips and he doesn't move an inch. "What those guys did to her was just the beginning. And by the way, that was your fault. Because of you she got hurt, and it won't be the first time!"

And then he starts laughing. "How drunk are you, anyway?" he asks me, then suddenly falls silent. He grabs my collar and pushes me against the wall.
He fixes me with angry eyes. "You seem to have a thing for her, or you wouldn't be so jealous," he states, his voice with a hint of mockery.

Now I'm the one who starts laughing. "Are you stupid? Dude, I'm gay."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰