26

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"You should watch what you say, you shit," one of these guys continues to rabble-rouse, striding closer to Mikey.
Suddenly a voice sounds from behind the crowd, and the surrounding people make a gap for this voice: "And I'm already wondering who is causing trouble on this luxury ship. Yet it's our leader himself," Keikei says, cracking his fingers before stepping forward.
"Not even an hour on the ship and you're already causing trouble, Mikey," Keikei says after standing behind these guys who continue to try and cause trouble.
"The leader of the first division Baji is here too? Is all of Toman here or what?" the rabble rousing boy asks annoyed as he turns to Keikei and Chifuyu. His voice sounds a bit quieter than before as he notices who just showed up.
"You guys should get out of here, this would just get messy otherwise," Keikei continues to speak. The guys don't seem to feel like causing any more trouble, and grab the unconscious man on the ground. They walk away with a grumble without any more backtalk. Thankfully.
"What was going on here? ", my best friend asks us now directed, while neither Mikey nor I say anything. I look away to the side while Mikey keeps his eyes on the ground. After Kei realizes he's not getting an answer, he just sighs and shoos the horny gawkers away. I rub my arm and realize that the guy's grip hurts more than I thought it would. This is all way too much for me again, and I don't mean with the fact that these idiots of guys arrived. Not only do the rabble-rousing guys know Mikey and Keikei, but the people gathered around recognize them as well, and that reinforces my suspicions that I've been trying to suppress all along.

The rest of the trip on the ship is quiet. No one says anything anymore and the mood is suddenly super tense for some reason. I stare dumbly at the sea, trying to get my mind off it. I just don't want to think about it, not for the next two weeks. When we finally arrive on the island and get off the boat, we are greeted by one of the many summer camp staff members. I am relieved that we have finally arrived at our destination. We say goodbye to Keikei and Chifuyu as we need to check in with our respective school groups.
The staff member leads us to a common area that looks like a luxurious hotel lobby. I'm impressed by the well-kept look of the place and still look forward to spending the next two weeks here, even if it seems a bit different at the moment. He explains to us that this is the main gathering place for the camp. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served here, and it's where the staff and teachers are housed to better work together as a team. There is a cozy lobby where people can sit down to relax and play various board games and community games. There is a short presentation about the camp, detailing its long history and many activities. Still, I can't really listen anymore, my thoughts are still circling around the event on the ship and my head shuts down.

"And finally, the map and arrangement of your sleeping places," the staff member says, again grabbing my full attention. On the screen, where the presentation was held before, a detailed map of the camp appears. I see that the camp is located in the middle of a forest and stretches along a lake, and a little further away the beach can be seen. The map also shows all the campers and facilities.
"As you can already see, the camp is divided like a campsite. This means that you will temporarily live in a caravan. It will be decided by random where you will stay," he begins to tell and holds up a container from which he demonstratively pulls a key. I hope that it is near the facilities, so that I don't have to walk so far every time I need to go to the bathroom or something.
"In addition, it should be said that there are campers with double beds and single beds. But that shouldn't be a problem since you are a family after all. So don't cry around if you have to share a bed with your family member," my class teacher adds with his motivational mood. I really really hope we get one with twin beds, otherwise I would go crazy if I have to sleep next to Mikey at night.
"So that there are no arguments about space, this is how it's going to be handled: You come up here one at a time and pull out a key. The key is written down in a chart with your name so we can find you and know where you're staying," the staff member continues to explain as I sigh. At first I was so nervous and had been really excited, but since the incident on the ship, I've been dejected and completely demotivated. The fact that Mikey has suddenly gone so quiet only makes things worse. The mood seems even more tense.
"If you look at the map you'll also be given, you'll find the showers, toilets and washing machines and other facilities. You'll figure that out for yourselves," the man continues. He explains other things like what we should do if we hurt ourselves, if we need certain food because of allergies or if we are vegetarian or vegan, that there are no poisonous animals on the island and much more.

We now stand in a row and pull the keys out of the container one after the other. The random principle is wisely chosen to avoid arguments about who would live closer to the beach or in the center. Mikey and I stand silently next to each other waiting for our turn. Shortly after, we are standing in front of our instructor, who is holding a list in his hand and looking completely unfriendly as usual. The camp employee hands us the container. The container from which we pull our keys is a small metal box that says "Welcome" in gold letters, and I just silently pull out my key. The metal jingles softly as I drop it into my palm. The number 13 is attached to a small pendant hanging from a ring.
"13," I say quietly after looking at the number on the pendant, and my classroom teacher notes it on his list.
"Congratulations, one of the best spots around. You guys have the day off, so take your time looking around. There will be dinner at 7 p.m., which will also be here," the staff member says, thrusting a map and more information sheets into our hands. The map is colorful and detailed. There are small symbols marking the various facilities in the camp, such as the swimming pool, the main building and there is even a tennis court.

And thus we are already dismissed. Everyone who already has their key is allowed to leave, since everything that needed to be said has already been said before. I look at the map and search first for number 13. I find it quickly and try to orient myself somehow next. But my sense of direction is anything but good. I am completely lost and turn around several times to somehow find a clue. But then the map is simply taken out of my hand.
"You can't watch this," Mikey sighs, looks briefly at the map and immediately finds the right way, while I just run after him, looking around. I can hear the sound of the waves and smell the salt in the air as we make our way to our spot. We walk past a small lake surrounded by green trees and bushes. There is a bridge that crosses the lake and I can see the sun's rays dancing on the water. I notice how quiet and peaceful it is here and I feel my body relax. The summer camp has its own charm, which I like.

We arrive and I open the camper and go inside. It is cozy and has enough space for two people. It is a typical camper with a lovingly designed seating area on the right side, accompanied by a small table. Some cupboards provide enough storage space for our clothes and the cupboard doors are decorated with subtle carvings, which I find quite cute. And on the left side is the bed.
A bed.
A double bed.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰