43

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Mikey POV

"You're such a bitch, don't ever touch me again without asking or you'll regret it," I threaten her. I forcefully push her away from me so that she falls to the ground and go after Mei. Luckily, Baji has already gone after her before me, so she knows she's safe. I also notice all the alcohol, but I am still sober enough to notice everything, around me and walk relatively well. Thank goodness I can tolerate some alcohol, maybe all the boozing in the past did some good after all. However, it also doesn't focus as much attention on me as it does on Mei. Still, I could feel my thinking ability gradually dulling from the constant jumbled from alcohol.

When I arrive at Baji and Mei's house, they are standing a bit off to the side of the water laughing. Both Mei and Baji are soaked from head to toe. Mei is lying on the sand and keeps rolling into the seawater laughing, while Baji stands next to her and laughs at her.
"Mikeeeey, come join us! The water is so incredibly hot," Mei calls out to me when she notices me. She twists the sentence a bit, probably meaning that she herself is hot and not the water. I walk towards her, but at a distance, as I don't feel like getting wet. Mei continues to play hilariously with Baji, but keeps losing her balance and falling into the water laughing. The alcohol has not failed to have its effect on Mei, loosening all her inhibitions and creating a happy awkwardness. Her voice sounds a little hazy, but she doesn't seem to care. She sways back and forth, barely able to stay on her feet, yet her eyes sparkle with joy.

When she finally comes out of the water, Baji supports her so she doesn't fall over, and they come towards me.
"Keiiiiii, I loooooove youuuuu~" she starts laughing and falls around his neck. He returns it with a simple, "I love you too." Annoyed, I roll my eyes and a tinge of jealousy runs through my body. This is really getting on my nerves. If he wasn't one of my best friends, I would have punched him in the face long ago.
"I have to go to the bathroom. Make sure she doesn't go back in the water," Baji says, literally squeezing Mei in my arms because otherwise she would probably fall over. I nod to him and then look down at Mei who is grinning to herself and hugging me.
"Mikeeey~," she simply says and laughs. A smile flits across my lips as I look at her. I put my hands on her waist, but she breaks away from me way too quickly and looks at me.
"I'm cold," she slurs then, rubbing her arms.
"No wonder when you jump into the ocean in the middle of the night," I counter.
"But I was sooooooo hot," she says, spreading her arms to make the "so" clear. A moment later, she rubs her arms again. Then she looks down at herself and embraces her breasts.
"Look, I'm so cold, my nipples are rock hard!" she laughs happily, even stroking them with her fingers. A shiver runs down my spine as I lower my gaze and look at her breasts. The outlines of her nipples are clearly visible through the wet fabric, and since she's not wearing a bra, you can see it all the better. Subconsciously, I bite my lip as I look, trying to suppress the tingling in my hand that feels the urge to touch them. Then, when she lifts her neckline to look at her bare chest, I can't help but swallow nervously. As she continues to laugh, she says, "Look." My heartbeat accelerated, and I have to take a deep breath to calm my troubled emotions. If we were in one of those anime series right now, the blood would be rushing out of my nose.
"I'll have to show that to Kei, that's funny," she continues to laugh, then staggers away.

However, I lose her among the many people and have to look around first, how the hell can she disappear so quickly? She can hardly walk straight ahead. Finally I find her - she is dancing happily, but not alone. A confident guy snuggles up to her while his hands rest familiarly on her hips. An abrupt anger runs through my body, and I feel the rage building inside me as I walk toward him. My fingers claw roughly into the fabric of his collar, and I violently yank him away from her. My pulse races, adrenaline surges through my veins as I punch him with a clenched fist. Just as I'm about to punch the guy, Mei immediately grabs my arm and pulls me away.
"My Heroooooo~," she slurs with a drunken laugh and clutches me for a brief moment before breaking away and disappearing back into the crowd as something catches her attention. At that moment, I feel like her personal bodyguard, following her every move and punching anyone who dares to stare or speak to her. Due to the alcohol in my blood, my self-control leaves a lot to be desired. The darkness of my emotions takes control, and I lash out at anyone who so much as looks at her or whistles after her. I don't want anyone to dare stare or speak to them. I don't care who they are or what they want - absolutely no one but me is allowed to touch her, and if I have to see to it myself.
She is so drunk that she doesn't even really notice, because she always discovers something new to turn to.

"Little sister! Mikey, have another drink with me," this Kira suddenly approaches us and hands Mei a cup, which she of course immediately accepts and empties together with her, as if the argument from earlier never happened.
"Little sister, surely you don't mind if I grab your brother and spend the night with him, do you?", Kira asks Mei with a sly smile. Mei seems to think before she clings tightly to me again and shakes her head. "No way! He's mine and he gets to spend the night only with me!" My heart stops for a moment, and surprised, I look at her.
"So get lost, he's not going with you!" retorts Mei firmly, clinging to me even tighter.
"Your love for your big brother is really sweet, little sister. But you don't get to decide who he spends his time with," Kira provokes, sparking an argument that gets caught in endless repetition.
"Oh little sister, did you even know that Mikey was with me that one night? All night long while you were sleeping," Kira continues to provoke, leaning in to kiss me. But I manage to turn my head away just in time for her lips to barely graze my cheek. The moment her lips just miss mine, I feel the pressure release from Mei's embrace. Before I can even push her off me, Mei has already disappeared without a trace.
Roughly, I grab Kira by her neck and press her back, against the nearest thing that was there.
"I'm warning you one last time, touch me again and I'll momentarily forget my principles of not hurting women," I threaten her again. I forcefully push her away so that she falls to the ground and desperately run after Mei, but I have to look for her again. This girl is a master at disappearing into the crowd.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰