99

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Meiyo POV

Eight long months have now passed. After Mikey got so out of control and turned his back on me and everyone else, I also fucked off just a few days later. I packed my things with the little money I had saved and moved to another city to make a fresh start.
That day, not only did Mikey leave us all, but I did too. In the middle of the night, I packed only the essentials in my bag, got on the next train and fled to Fukuoka.
I threw away my SIM card after buying a new one, so I had finally broken away from everyone. No one knew where I was. All that remained was a note with a simple sentence: "I never want to see you again."
I broke off contact with everyone, even my brother and Keikei. I never wanted to see any of them again - ever.

The first few weeks in Fukuoka were characterized by loneliness and uncertainty. The city was foreign to me and I felt lost. My first job in Fukuoka was far from a dream job. It was a simple job in a fast food restaurant where I was paid meagerly. But it was work and it helped me to cover my basic needs.
In the evenings, when I sat alone in my small apartment, I was often overcome by a deep sadness. I missed my brother, my friends and even Mikey, despite everything that had happened. Even the attempt at therapy I had made proved to be disappointing and a waste of money, so I abandoned it.

In the end, I don't regret my decision, even though it was difficult. I met people - the wrong people - who helped me to feel better temporarily. The drugs, which I initially abused as a means of escape, soon became my escape from reality. They numbed the pain, eased the loneliness and gave me the feeling of escaping life for a moment.
Ironically, I now found myself in the same position as Mikey back then. I joined drug addicts and became one myself. I didn't want to live in reality anymore because it just felt awful.
I now understood what had driven him to turn his back on everyone and fall into his own abyss. It wasn't a conscious decision, but rather a gradual process that drew me inexorably into the darkness.

Of course, I often had the urge to go back home to Kenny, hug him and apologize. But then I remembered why I was sitting in a cold alleyway in the first place. Even if it didn't seem like it, it was the only right thing to do. By now I could also understand Mikey a little better, why he had acted the way he did back then, but that didn't change the fact that I began to hate him, no matter how much I had loved him before.

Anyway, life isn't a nice romance with a happy ending - it sucks. I took a deep breath, looking down at the syringe in my hands. I rolled up my sleeves and applied the syringe to my vein...

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

END!

Yes exactly, you read that right. The story is over!
I've had this ending in my head since I started the story and that's probably the only thing that never changed? There was never a happy ending planned xD I actually wanted the ending to be more open than what I have now, but I'm pretty happy with it xD

Thank you to EVERYONE who followed the story to the end and left such sweet comments ♥
The story is just 128.061 words and 670.952 characters!!! It was never planned to be that long eh xDD ♥

I'll probably release 1 or 2 more special chapters, because I just want to clarify some things or just go into it again, but they'll be independent of the story and just 'background' xD

Other than that... Idk, bit of promotion for my other stories here, where you're welcome to stop by hahahah ♥♥♥
However, they are both YAOI, would still be happy ♥

⬇️