34

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

We are just returning to the Society building and burst into the middle of a staff member's narration. He once again explains in detail how we can sign up for these activities, going into a variety of details that he emphasized with lively hand gestures. He also points out that there are attractions that are not sports-based to accommodate the elderly. In these, I will probably have to participate.
However, before we can jump into the attractions, the staff member asks us to pick up a team stamp card. Without our respective partner and the said card, we are not allowed to participate in any action. The card documents everything important: whether we participated, our points, when that was, and much more. With a searching look, I scan the surroundings, hoping to spot Mikey in the crowd, as I need to reunite with him. Kei does the same to find his partner.

It's not until the hall slowly empties as people gradually disappear after grabbing their tickets that Keikei and I finally find our partners. They're sitting pretty much off to the side, at the other end of the room, on the floor, chatting with each other.
"There you are at last," Chifuyu exclaims with a wide grin and raised eyebrows as we finally stand before them.
"Well here we go, the cards aren't going to pick themselves up," Mikey says as he gets up from the floor and stretches a moment later. Kei's partner does the same and together we go to collect our stamp cards. In addition, we are given more cards that show the locations and names of the attractions - much like a map of a theme park.
"So, what are we waiting for?" asks Chifuyu impatiently as he rubs his hands together as if ready to go at a moment's notice. His eyes gleam with excitement, and he can barely stand still. But we don't stay together as a group for long, because Chifuyu already has his sights set on a particular attraction that I can't participate in: Climbing.

I give my best friend a reassuring look, signaling that everything is okay. We smile at each other and say goodbye with a heartfelt hug. Now I'm alone with him again, and immediately my heart begins to beat faster once more.
"I'm sorry, this is probably going to be pretty boring for you. I think I have a slight concussion and I can't do anything that will put too much strain on my body," I explain, looking at him apologetically. He wrinkles his nose slightly and stares ahead as he clasps his hands behind his head.
"So either we don't really do anything for two weeks now, then, or we participate in these boring things that have been set up for the older people," I continue, looking thoughtfully at the ground, pushing a small stone in front of me with my shoe. I'm not thrilled with any of the options, but I have to make the best of my situation now.
All that comes from Mikey is a quiet, "Mhmm..." which makes me look back up at him. It looks like he's lost in thought. So I ask, "Were you listening?" Unsure if I had his attention, I sigh softly as no answer comes.
"I guess we won't make the top three then, and I wanted to play Titanic with you so much," he mumbles to himself, lost in thought. His eyes are still slightly narrowed, as if he's trying to find a solution to this situation. I look at him with widened eyes and am a little surprised. This is what he's worried about? Really now? Shaking my head, I have to laugh a little and then smile.
"You haven't been to the beach yet, have you? Want to go?", he asks me and seems to be back in the here and now with his thoughts.
"Absolutely!", I answer enthusiastically, feeling my eyes light up and my smile widen. I can't get into the water, but I'm dying to feel the warm sand under my feet and the salty ocean breeze on my skin.
"Well, let's go!" he says. We make our way to the beach, and I can't wait to see the vast ocean.

When we arrive at the beach, a breathtaking panorama spreads out before us: The sun reflects on the glittering surface of the water, while seagulls circle in the salty air, their calls merging with the sound of the waves, and my heart fills with joy. I take off my shoes and let my feet glide through the warm, fine sand that gently trickles between my toes. The tingling sensation on my skin brings a smile to my face.
Mikey also takes off his shoes and runs to the water. He dips his feet in the waves and then turns to wave and grin joyfully at me. Without hesitation, I run after him until I feel the cool wet around my ankles. I would love to swim out immediately.
I crouch down by the water, just to touch it with my hands. The fact that the waves get me wet doesn't bother me at all. I'm just happy to be here. Happily, I let the sand slide through my fingers under the water and feel a small shell come loose from the sand. Filled with curiosity, I fish it out of the water and look at it closely.
"Look how beautiful!" I exclaim, proudly holding it out to Mikey. He looks at me with amusement, shaking his head with a grin. Disappointed that he doesn't take closer notice of my discovery, I continue to look at the shell with fascination. It has a strong red coloration, which is broken up by white spots on its surface. I can hardly hold back my admiration as I continue to hold the little gem in my hands.

But it doesn't stay that peaceful for long, because some girls approach us, or rather Mikey. They seem excited and a little annoyed. "Mikey, why did you leave so quickly last night?" one of them asks with a reproachful look.
"I don't see why I have to explain myself to you," Mikey replies, bored.
"That really made me sad," she sighs and then notices me too and walks up to me.
I look at her and stand up as she approaches me. She is wearing only a bikini and is incredibly attractive. Her skin is tanned, her hair well-groomed, and her perfect makeup accentuates her blue eyes. Her shapely curves even make me blush: her breasts and butt are twice the size of mine, which makes me a little uncomfortable.

"You must be his little sister? ", she asks me.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰