38

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

The rest of the week is quiet and relaxed, we really do not do much more. Just like the rest of the days.
Mikey persuades me again and again to go with him to various attractions, because he just can't stand sitting around idly. He specifically chooses activities that are for older people or don't require much physical exertion. I am surprised at how considerate he is of my concussion and careful that we don't overexert ourselves.

Together, we participate in a wide variety of events, such as trivia contests, archery, bingo, coloring contests, and table tennis.
In archery, we surprise ourselves when we do quite well. Although I have never held a bow before and am quite clumsy, Mikey manages to score points for us. His hands hardly shake as he draws the bow and aims as if he's had practice at it for a long time: 78 out of 100 points. Nevertheless, Mikey doesn't let up and grumbles all day about how bad the bow was and that he should have done better.
At bingo, on the other hand, luck is not with us at all. In the end, we don't even have a single complete row: only 4 out of 100 points. Shaking our heads, we complain together that the whole thing must be cheating somehow.
At the quiz competition, Keikei and Chifuyu also participate. I am shocked to discover that Keikei and I are absolutely stupid - no wonder neither of us is a model student at school. It borders on a miracle if we can even answer a single question correctly. Chifuyu and Mikey, on the other hand, save us, and I'm amazed at how smart Mikey actually is. His general knowledge is incredible and that impresses me quite a bit: 89 out of 100 points and Team Bajifuyu: 77 out of 100 points.
In the painting contest, Mikey's picture looks like it was drawn by a kindergartener. Nevertheless, I have the feeling that he is secretly making an effort to create a successful work of art. Of course, he can't help but paint not only on the paper, but also on my face, arms and legs. I do the same to him and end up much like the flour fight in baking. This action gets us expelled from the course because we disturb the others and make everything dirty - result: 0 out of 100 points.
And we do best in the table tennis team, although it's a bit exhausting because our hands are linked together. Nevertheless, we can achieve a proud 92 out of 100 points.

On Friday night, we sit together with Keikei and Chifuyu at dinner and chat about the past week. Since the incident with the kiss, Mikey and I don't talk about it anymore. At first, I'm still uncomfortable around him, but as the week goes on, it slowly subsides. The various activities we participate in do a good job of distracting me. Of course, every now and then during the games, there are touches that make my stomach tingle and my heart beat faster. There are also those brief moments when we lose ourselves in each other's eyes, but that's about it. I've stopped thinking about it and just resigned myself to it, which works surprisingly well.
Suddenly, Kei interrupts his meal between bites and speaks excitedly, "I heard there's a party on the beach tonight! They even got alcohol. Let's go!" His eyes light up with excitement as he says this.
Chifuyu, who has been sitting quietly at the table, also suggests, "Yeah, let's go! Everyone is already talking about it!"
Hina, who is also sitting at the table with us, also chimes in, "I was also invited by some lovely girls from another school. It sounds like fun. Let's go!"
As they mention this, I remember that Mikey has also been invited by a girl. I'm not particularly excited about it, but Kei keeps talking at me until I reluctantly agree. After dinner, we say goodbye and go to shower and change. We agree that as soon as they're done, everyone should come to Mikey and I's trailer, since we're closest to the beach.
Right now I am standing in front of the mirror blow drying my hair. I watch myself in the mirror. The black eye and the split lip are almost completely healed and barely visible. The stain on my stomach is still clearly visible, but no one can see it anyway except me. Afterwards, I quickly brush my teeth and go back. Hina, her boyfriend, Chifuyu and Kei are already there.

Mikey chases after Hina's boyfriend, whose name I just can't remember, with a bug in his hand, and her boyfriend just runs away from him in circles, howling.
I immediately walk up to Mikey and hold him back by his top. He immediately turns to me and grinning holds the bug in front of his face while saying, "Look, cute, right?" His grin reveals that he expects me to be scared and run away. I lightly smack him on the head and carefully take the bug out of his hand.
"The poor animal must be scared to death! Stop torturing the animals, idiot!", I scold him and gently set the beetle down in a bush.
"I guess it was nothing, she's not afraid of creepy-crawlies," Kei laughs and pats Mikey on the shoulder, who looks quite puzzled. I smile and watch the bug for a while longer until it disappears among the leaves.

"Mei-chan, come on in, I have plans for you!" says Hina in a certain voice and literally pushes me into the trailer. The boys stand outside the trailer in astonishment as Hina gives them another order, "And if you even think about coming in, I'll kick your ass!" She then closes the door.
"What kind of plans?", I ask cautiously as she literally pushes me into the seating area and forces me to sit down. My heart begins to beat faster as I don't know what her plans are and it makes me nervous.
"We're going to a party, and I thought we should dress up a little. I even have a dress for you that should fit you," she says as she pours her makeup onto the table, and I can smell the scent of lipstick and powder. I've never been much into makeup, and I'm uncomfortable with the idea of turning into a doll. Hina pulls out a straightening iron from her bag and immediately plugs it into the power.
"No, no, no way, I don't want that," I protest and try to stand up, but she pushes me back into the seat and gives me a nasty look.
"Don't talk back to me! So turn around, we'll start with your hair," she says, and I gulp. Resistance seems futile. I can hear the hiss of the straightener as it glides through my hair, and I immediately feel uncomfortable. The hot pressure of the straightening iron on my skin makes me wince, but I dare not complain. Hina twists and twirls my hair, presumably to make it curlier, since otherwise it always fell straight and boring.

After she finishes with my hair, she grabs the makeup and starts slapping it on my face. I can feel the sticky color of the lipstick on my lips, how my eyelashes are getting heavier from the mascara and how my skin gets a second layer. It takes an eternity for her to finish and let go of me. She seems pleased with her work as she surveys me, and that scares me even more.
"Now just the dress," she says, digging it out of her bag as well. When I see it, I shake my head violently.
"No, never, never in a million years are you getting me into that!", I say quickly, looking at her in shock.
"Where did you get something like that anyway? I really wouldn't have pegged you to put on a dress like that!", I quickly add. Hina walks up to me and grins as she makes a strange motion with her hand.
"It's not mine, it's Emma's. She could guess there was a party going on and told me to wrap it up for you. So don't argue with me! Either you put it on yourself or I'll make you!" she suddenly orders me. I suddenly get really scared of her. Since when has she had this dominant side to her?

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰