65

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Meiyo POV

My heart is beating up to my throat and I have the feeling that it is about to burst out. However, when he utters the last, I immediately feel hot and sit up with a jerk to look at him in disbelief. I don't recognise his face well, but I see clearly enough that he looks at me in confusion and shortly afterwards, starts laughing softly. This only makes a blush come to my face.
"Why would I do something like that?", I ask quietly after finding my voice again. "Why wouldn't you?" he retorts with a counter question and sits down as well. His hand lands on the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him. He whispers in my ear, "Or did you just not like it" My breath catches briefly and goosebumps spread over my entire body.
"Idiot" I mutter softly and just lie back down and pull the covers over me. I don't see it, but I can feel his stupid grin very clearly. He lies back down beside me, wraps his arms around my stomach and pulls me closer to him.
"You can't sleep here," I mumble eventually into the darkness. "I know, I'll leave when you're asleep," he whispers softly against my shoulders as I lie with my back to him, placing a gentle kiss there.

[...]

"Meiyo get up, I got breakfast," my brother yells through my door and knocks on it several times. I open my eyes tiredly and sit up lazily. I almost topple backwards again when I hear my brother call out again. I yawn loudly and stretch before finally standing up. On tired and wobbly legs I finally make it to the living room where my brother has already put breakfast on the table. Mikey is also already sitting there, also fighting against falling asleep. His eyes are half-closed as he leans wearily on the chair.
"What time is it?", I ask in a raspy voice as I sit down tiredly at the table, rubbing my face to chase away the last remnants of sleep.
"Eight o'clock," my brother answers cheerfully and starts spreading his bun. I tear my tired eyes wide open and look at him in disbelief. I don't know what time we fell asleep last night, but it definitely can't have been more than 4 or 5 hours.
"Now don't look so surprised. Emma planned something and told me to kick you out of bed early," my brother justifies himself, biting into his bun with relish. "She should be arriving any minute too." Mikey mutters to himself as I slowly start to prepare myself a bun as well.
"How does she even know I'm here?" asks Mikey, propping his head on his palm. "Told her tonight," my brother replies and that ends the conversation for now. I hold out the other half of my roll to Mikey, as he still hasn't made any move to prepare one for himself. He accepts it silently and we start eating. I don't really notice that my brother is watching us sceptically at the moment. I'm just far too tired for that, and my friend next to me probably is too.

Suddenly my brother asks, "Tell me, why are you so tired anyway?" Surprised, I wince slightly and look at him. "Couldn't sleep," I answer quietly and bite into my roll. Mikey shrugs indifferently and says, "Played with the phone too long."
That seems to end the subject for now. "Oh yeah, Mikey," my brother begins with a teasing smile on his lips, "Next time you want to watch porn, turn the sound down or better yet, do it at your place. I didn't even dare go for a piss that night when I heard the moaning because I didn't want to see you jerking off." As he says this, I choke on my roll and break into a painful coughing fit. I pound my chest and can't stop coughing. Mikey, who is clearly amused, half-heartedly starts tapping on my back. Out of the corner of my eye I can see him grinning stupidly and gloatingly to himself.

My face is turning bright red, partly because of the ongoing coughing fit and partly because of this awkward situation, which I am more than embarrassed about. I cough a few more times after I finally calm down.
"I don't know what's wrong with you, I definitely had my fun," Mikey replies with a wry smile, which makes me look at him in shock. Annoyed and ashamed at the same time, I smack Mikey on the back of the head and stand up, walking around the table and smacking my brother as well.
"Don't talk about stuff like that! Idiots!", I scold them and storm into the bathroom in shame. "Such idiots," I mutter to myself as I lock the door behind me. I am so incredibly hot that I almost lose my breath. I take off my clothes and then just take a cold shower, because I really need it.

As the cold water flows over my body, I feel the heat slowly dissipate from me. Every drop that hits my skin calms my troubled thoughts. I let the stream of water flow over my head and close my eyes, trying to banish my brother's words from my mind, but the more I try, the more I want to start crying from shame.
After I have washed thoroughly, I get out of the shower, dry myself and tie the towel around me. Then I brush my teeth and blow-dry my hair. But as I look at my reflection in the mirror, my eyes fall on a dark mark on my neck left by Mikey, and sighing, I prop myself up against the sink. I'm too tired to get really worked up about it and start rummaging around in the mirror cabinet.
At some point I got some make-up from the frenemies - they really want me to look more ladylike. I spend what feels like an eternity slapping, smearing and spreading the make-up on my neck, hoping to make it look as natural as possible. That my brother hasn't seen it at the dinner table is nothing short of miraculous. With one last, scrutinising look at my neck in the mirror, I finally go back to my room, the towel still loosely tied around me.

No sooner have I put on a new top than there is a knock on my door and shortly afterwards Emma enters. Confused, I look at her, which she notices and closes the door behind her. Obviously she arrived while I was in the shower.
"I brought you something to wear for the day," she suddenly grins at me. "Hina showed me this photo of you wearing this dress at camp. I really want you to wear a dress again today, you looked so cute! The weather is supposed to be amazing, no need to hide behind pants!" I'm about to open my mouth to contradict her when Emma cuts me off, "No talking back, so which one do you want?" She sets her bag down on my bed and then pulls out two dresses. Both are summery, one in black and the other in white.

Breathing heavily, I exhale and give up any resistance, knowing it's futile anyway. With a sigh, I reply, "I don't care, you choose." Besides, I'm definitely too tired to even begin to stand up to her in any way.
Emma walks up to me, pulls me in front of my mirror and stands behind me. She first holds the black dress in front of my chest and looks at it in the mirror with me. Then she holds the white dress in front of me and looks at it more closely too, and she repeats this a few times, alternating between the black and the white dress.
"The white one, it suits your pale skin better. If you put on the black one, you'll look more like a zombie. I'll put on the black one," she then concludes and pushes it into my hand. "So go on, change," she orders in a commanding tone as she already starts to take off her own top. Again I sigh and reluctantly change.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰