12

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Meiyo POV

"We should take a picture, don't you think?" a voice asks.
"You think so? She's bound to get mad," the other person replies.
"Never mind, look how cute they look, go ahead. Take a picture already or I will!" I hear the conversation, but don't really understand what it's about because I'm too tired. When I see a bright light through my closed eyelids, I squint my eyes even more.
"How cute!", I hear a voice.
"Not so loud, they're still sleeping!"
I have a very pleasant smell in my nose that makes me smile for some reason. This smell somehow calmed me down, I felt like I was enveloped by it and it makes me feel good.
"She's going to kill me when she sees this..." someone says.
"Never mind, this is certainly a rare sight, we have to hold on to this! Now let's go or we'll wake her up!", I hear those voices again, but they're getting quieter and don't seem to be in the same room anymore.

Slowly I open my eyes and it takes me a while to get used to the light. Tired, I look around and notice that something is holding me. I lift my head and then see the sleeping face of Mikey, who is very few inches away from me and whose calm breath I feel on my face. I feel myself blush and I suddenly feel incredibly hot, but still I just stare at him and don't move. He looks so peaceful and somehow cute too. You can't even tell he's such a jerk when he's sleeping.
When I realize I was staring again, I quickly look away and want to get up. Only then do I really notice that I'm in his arms and he's holding me. Even more, the blush rises to my face and not only that, but I feel incredibly uncomfortable.
When did this happen in the first place?

With a jerky movement, I sit up and kick Mikey off the couch with my legs, causing him to logically wake up and land on the floor with a thud.
"Mei-chin, what was that about?" he yawns, completely relaxed, scratching his head.
"What was that noise? ", Kenny and Emma immediately came running to us from the kitchen when they heard the noise.
When they see me clutching my pillow with my head high and sitting on the couch agitated and Mikey lying on the floor, they immediately know and start laughing.
"Figured it wasn't voluntary!" laughs Kenny, catching only a dirty look from me.
"This wouldn't have happened in the first place if you two had been quieter last night. Then I could have slept in my bed like I planned!" I pinch my brother and stand up. Emma just looks to the side in embarrassment, Mikey has to laugh, and Kenny just shrugs with a broad grin.
"You're all impossible!" I scold, getting up and throwing my pillow in Mikey's face to make him stop laughing. Then I walk into my room.

I go to my closet to change my clothes. I want to go outside and jog to distract myself because this was definitely too much physical contact and uncomfortable situations for me. Although it hadn't actually felt uncomfortable when he held me in his arms. My body seemed to have enjoyed it because I feel really rested.
With a quick shake of my head to get rid of the thought, I take off my top and pants that I slept in and put on a sports bra and fresh underwear. Just as I'm about to put on a T-shirt, my cell phone vibrates. I look at it and see a message from Kenny.
"Why is he texting me, we're only a room apart," I mutter, thinking it was weird. I open the chat and see a picture of Mikey and I sleeping arm in arm. Shocked, I open my mouth and stare at the picture on my phone.

I immediately go back into the living room and hold the cell phone in front of my brother's face just a few centimeters away.
"Why the hell are you taking a picture of this? Are you out of your mind? What if someone sees this? That's totally embarrassing!" I grumble and give him a nasty look. He just looks to the side and grins. "I would find it much more embarrassing to walk around in my underwear in front of others. Besides, I don't want to see my little sister dressed like that. So go put some clothes on before you start scolding me. So hop!" he says without looking at me.
Only then do I look down at myself and realize that I am indeed only in my underwear. That's right, I was interrupted while changing by the vibrating cell phone.
"Nice ass!" I hear behind me and can pinpoint exactly who it's coming from. "Mikey, don't say that! Jeez, you're impossible!" admonishes Emma.
I get so angry that I throw my phone in his direction and run back to my room. How can it be that I keep getting into situations like this over and over again? I keep banging my head against the closed door and would have loved to start crying, I'm so damn embarrassed by it all. I wonder if that passes for a talent. Getting into such embarrassing situations over and over again.
Sighing, I walk away from my door and put on a pair of gym shorts and a loose top. I tie my hair into a braid and then look in the mirror. As I look at myself like this, I sigh again and rub my forehead, as a big red dot has appeared there because I was so smart to bang my head against the door.

I leave my room and go straight to the front door where I put on my shoes.
"Mei, where are you going? We've made breakfast. Sit with us and eat something," I hear my brother's voice behind me.
"I'm not hungry and I'm obviously going outside, right?", I reply slightly annoyed.
"If you wait a minute, we'll come with you, right?" he asks the others, who agree.
"No way!", I then yell.
"I have absolutely no desire to go out with you guys. I just need my peace right now." And before he can say anything against it, I run outside of the apartment and start jogging off in one direction.

As I jog, I think about what happened. How could I have ended up in such an embarrassing situation? I have to be careful not to get too engrossed in my thoughts and pay attention to my surroundings so I don't trip or run into something. So I decide to focus on my surroundings and let my mind wander. The air is cool and crisp, but not too cold, and I enjoy being outside and jogging. I run past trees and flowers and breathe in the scent of fresh nature. It feels good to just get out and move around.

Mikey POV

We're sitting together on the couch right now thinking about what's coming up today. Except for a gang meeting tonight, nothing is fixed. So I let the two of them continue to think about what could be done today, instead I search Mei-chin's cell phone, which she threw at me earlier. Too bad for her if she doesn't retrieve it.

She doesn't even have a password in it, any complete idiot could search the phone. Well, there's not that much to see either. She has hardly any pictures on the phone and only three pictures of herself, and even those are already outdated. Today she looks completely different. Two of them are normal selfies, in the other one she was a bit younger and next to her a person was painted black, so you couldn't recognize this person anymore. The rest of the pictures are some kind of nature shots. Generally there are only about 20 pictures, even I have more.

She also doesn't have any special apps that are worth looking at. She also only has four numbers saved: ken-chins, hinatas, a number called boss, and keikei.
Doesn't she have any friends? Hard to imagine somehow. I just decide to save my own number in her phone, give myself a quick call so I have her number too and save it as well. Her chats consist of Ken-chin and Hinata - that was Takemitky's girlfriend, right? In the chat with her brother, I see for the first time the picture she was so upset about before. Actually, it does look cute, but more her than me. I forward the picture directly to myself, I can definitely tease her with that for a while!
"Mikey, we called Mitsuya for you. Emma and I are going on a date, so keep yourself busy with the others," Ken-chin interrupts my search.
"Since you've been with Emma, you've had pretty little time for me," I say, a little offended, looking at him.
"Then why don't you just get a girlfriend too, and we can go on a double date. At our school, most of the girls have a bad crush on you," my best friend grins cheekily at me.
"No need for chicks like that. They have nothing special about them that could interest me," I get up, put her cell phone on a dresser in the hallway and head downstairs. Let them do it.

A short time later Mitsuya is already there to pick me up. With him and some others from Toman I spend the day until the meeting starts in the evening.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰