27

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

I stand in front of the bed and stare at the ceiling in disbelief, there is only one. Inevitably, I get nervous and quickly walk out of the trailer. In front of the trailer are two chairs each with a table and a trash can. I look around and see that it is like this in front of every camper. Only when I am outside, Mikey goes in with his bag, but quickly comes out again. He doesn't look really happy when he's back outside.
"I'm going to go look around," he says quickly and disappears around the corner. I quickly run after him, but when I turn the corner, he is nowhere to be seen. I stamp my foot angrily and finally sigh out in annoyance.

If I blindly try to follow him now, I'll only get lost. So I go back to the camper and sit down on the chair in front of the door. I slide down a bit in the chair, lean back and enjoy the warmth of the blazing sun on my face and close my eyes. A light breeze blows, and I hear the rustling of the leaves around me. The chair is hard and uncomfortable, but I can't bring myself to stand up either. I open my eyes again and look up at the sky. The sky is clear and not a single cloud can be seen. Scattered birds fly in the sky, and the only sound is the distant voices of others and the chirping of birds. I look around and see that we are in a beautiful forest and the trees are tall and somehow majestic.
"What am I doing now," I mutter to myself, resting my head on the table as I close my eyes.
"At the same time I was actually so excited and now he just took off, idiot," I continue whispering, getting a little angry. I could go hiking or swimming, after all, the beach is close by.
"I'd rather not, I certainly won't find my way back then," I interrupt my thoughts myself and groan in annoyance.
A short time later, I feel a vibration in my pocket and pull out my cell phone. Keikei is calling, probably wanting to know what campsite number we have so he can bug us, and then I see the call end. I stare at my phone and consider calling back, but I'm not in the mood for small talk and superficial conversation. I just want to sit here and sort out my thoughts.
"Maybe I reacted wrong when we were on the ship, that's why he's avoiding me now?", I whisper quietly to myself. Annoyed, I close my eyes and put the phone down on the table.

I'm not sure how long I've been sitting here. Is it an hour? Two hours? Time seems to stand still as the sun slowly sets, bathing the light around me in a soft orange and red. The wind blows gently through my hair, carrying the smell of salt and sea to me. I wonder what the others are doing in the meantime. Are they on the beach or on a hike? After all, there's certainly a lot to explore here. And me? I sit on an uncomfortable chair in front of this trailer and probably get the sunburn of my life.
I slowly stand up and stretch my arms up in the air to loosen my stiff and heavy body a bit. No wonder I feel this way, I've been sitting in the same position on this uncomfortable chair for hours. I take a few steps around and let my eyes wander over the other trailers. There are so many here, but none of them really look any different than the other. If there weren't a sign in front of the trailers with the number on it, I'd probably still be walking into the wrong trailer.

I stretch again briefly and then decide to take a warm shower to relax my muscles. So I dig out of my suitcase a towel, fresh clothes, and the cosmetics bag that holds everything I need for the bathroom. I take the card with me just in case, you never know! I still grab my phone and look with the help of the map for a facility where I can go shower and luckily there is even one nearby! I only have to walk around the corner, it is virtually directly in front of me! Relieved about it I go in and into one of the cabins, there is a small anteroom for the things and next to it is the shower cabin, small and sweet.
The air is humid and the smell of cleaning products is in the air. I close the door behind me and put my bag on the available stool. I turn on the faucet and let the water run for a few seconds until it gets warm. Then I undress and hang my clothes on the hook by the door. I step into the shower and the warm water flows over my body and I wince slightly, as the sunburn on my arms and neck hurts quite a bit. Nevertheless, I enjoy the shower and let the water flow over my body. Then I wash my body and rinse myself thoroughly. I turn off the water and step out of the shower. I dry myself and get dressed.

When I get out of the shower, I feel more relaxed right away. I reach for the blow dryer on site and start blow drying my hair while I look at myself in the mirror and then return my things. Mikey still isn't there by the looks of it and I begin to wonder where he is. As I pull out my phone to look at the clock, I notice that it's already almost 7pm - time for dinner. Thoughtfully, I chew my lip, wondering if I should wait or go ahead. I spend about 10 minutes thinking about it, until my stomach speaks up and thus takes the decision away from me. Again I grab the map and try to find the way to the common room. However, I have a hard time and just follow some people walking in front of me. I hope they are also on their way to dinner, and luckily they are.
As I enter the common room, I see that many are already there and have lined up at the long tables. Some people seem to know each other and are talking animatedly while others are eating quietly. I keep an eye out for Mikey or Keikei, but don't see them anywhere. I decide to just get something to eat and sit at one of the empty seats. There is a selection of salads, vegetables and various side dishes. I grab a bowl of salad and veggies and add some pasta.

While I eat, I look around and observe the others. Either many know each other beforehand or they are amazingly good at making new acquaintances quickly. However, I don't enjoy my meal alone for long, because shortly afterwards someone sits down with me.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰