52

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

When I'm finally done, I leave the trailer. I hold my head as if it would burst at any moment. The nausea that plagues me only intensifies the miserable feeling inside me. Every ache pulses in my head and even my period pains seem to have conspired against me. I just feel miserable and let my head sink heavily onto the table.

"I'm not going to move all day...", I mutter to myself and close my eyes.

After some time, I hear my best friend's voice saying, "Well, best friend, hungover?"
The words come through to me muffled, as if someone had turned the sound down. I grumble and open my eyes to look at him as I scowl and say, "Leave me alone."
"You really look like shit," he laughs. A weak smile flits across my lips and makes me shake my head.
"Thanks, you too," I reply softly after looking at him for a moment. The smile widens, and his laughter grows louder.
"Not so loooouuud," I whine, ruffling my hair as I look at him angrily.
"Sorry," he continues to laugh and hands me a bottle of water he has with him. Gratefully, I take a sip and feel the burning in my lungs subside for a brief moment. Afterwards, I lay my head back on the table and close my eyes as I stretch my arms across the table.
"I hate you, you're making me feel like shit, don't you dare turn me on to alcohol again! ..." I scold quietly.

My best friend takes my hands and squeezes them gently as he runs his thumbs over my palms.
"You won't hate me for the first time," he says, and although I don't look at him, I can clearly see his grin in my mind's eye.
"I'm sure I will," I laugh softly as well.
"Keikei I don't remember anything, did I do anything embarrassing?", I mutter as I play with his fingers without really looking.
"I didn't notice anything embarrassing, but you really wanted to go swimming and you jumped into the ocean..." he starts to tell me and I sigh. Then he continues, "You insulted that Kira or whatever her name is and said she had a plastic body and you wanted to fight her," he laughs and I pound my forehead on the tabletop.
"So that's where the marks on my body come from...", I mumble incomprehensibly into the table and to myself.
"Somewhere along the way, I lost track of you and Mikey. I think you guys came here to lay down. You definitely wouldn't have found your way here on your own," he laughs as he continues.
"I hate you...", I mutter again, lifting my head slightly to look at him. He just shrugs with a grin and adds, "At least you're less shy when you're drunk."
"Shut up," I sigh, putting my head back down as I close my eyes. My best friend stays silently by my side, and I'm grateful that he's actually shutting up.

What feels like an eternity passes when I hear someone join in.
"Jo Mikey, hungover too?" asks Keikei as he continues to stroke my hands. I turn my head to the other side and look at the blond haired guy, who looks pretty angry as he stands in front of us.
"Get away from there," he says to Keikei, grabbing Keikei's arm to force him to get up and sit down himself in the spot Keikei was in a moment ago.
"What's the matter? In that bad of a mood?" comments Kei, a cheeky grin on his lips and seeming to take it with humor. I pay no further attention to the two of them and close my eyes again. I try to relax and think about something other than the nausea. I feel like I'm going to puke at any moment and the pounding feeling in my skull doesn't make it any better.

Time passes slowly, and gradually I feel the pain in my head lessen. My body relaxes, and the pressure on my head begins to ease.
"Hungry, are you coming with food?" my best friend interrupts the silence again with his question.
"Pass," I say as I slowly raise my hand and wave it at him without opening my eyes.
"Not hungry," Mikey replies curtly. A slight smile flits across my face as Kei comments, "Well, her being hungover is no wonder, but you being in such a bad mood, Mikey, is something new."
"Get lost, you're annoying," the blond retorts annoyed, and Kei laughingly says goodbye with a, "See you later." leaving us alone.
"Grumpy?", I ask without lifting my gaze.
"Just a headache and he's so loud," he says, and I just nod in understanding, whether he sees it or not.

Keikei disappears and then there is silence. I just enjoy the silence and have the feeling that I fall asleep, my eyes suddenly become incredibly heavy. When I open my eyes again after a while, I feel an unpleasant tingling in my arms. I stretch extensively and lightly shake my arms to get rid of the tingling and then rub my tired eyes. My head and stomach are feeling better, but I still feel a little miserable.
I look around and notice that Mikey is still sitting in the other chair, his head also resting on the table by now and his eyes closed. A smile flits across my lips when I see him like this. Almost unconsciously, my hand reaches out to brush a strand of hair from his face. As I do so, he opens his eyes and, panicking, I want to pull my hand away, but he grabs it and holds it back. He reaches around my hand and breathes a kiss on the back of my hand, which makes me blush abruptly. He closes his eyes again and continues to hold my hand. My heartbeat speeds up twofold, and my excitement and nervousness grow stronger.
Overwhelmed by my own feelings, I pull my hand back and rise, causing him to open his eyes. He straightens up, stretches as well, and then looks at me.
"I... I... go stretch my legs...", I stutter stupidly and just walk in any direction. The footsteps behind me tell me that he has also gotten up and is following me. I put my hand on my chest and try desperately to calm my racing heartbeat, because this touch is just too much for me at this moment.

I have no idea where I'm even walking, since I've just been looking at the ground the whole time. Mikey is walking along beside me, just yawning over and over again, and I'm incredibly grateful that he's keeping his mouth shut. When I notice the path becoming more and more sandy, I lift my gaze and shortly after find myself on the beach. The beach is pure chaos - empty alcohol bottles and cups are everywhere. I walk right along the beach and look around, but no matter how hard I try, I have no memory of having been here.
Through all the thinking, my head starts to hurt again and I sigh in frustration. I hoist myself up onto a wall that is at the edge of the beach and sit on it. Stressed, I hold my head, which is throbbing again, and need a short break and Mikey takes a seat next to me. We don't talk, I wouldn't even know what to say. I'm still incredibly embarrassed about this morning.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰