53

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Mikey POV

Again and again I look over at her and of course I notice how she strains not to look at me, which always makes me grin a bit.
Then, all of a sudden, a question pops into my head and escapes my lips before I even have time to consider it: "Why don't you have a boyfriend, anyway?".
She lowers her eyes to her dangling feet and answers quietly, almost shyly, "Why would I have a boyfriend?"
I shrug, even though she doesn't see it, and reply, "I don't know, isn't that common at our age? Ken-chin and Takemitchy have girlfriends too, after all."
"Then why don't you have a girlfriend? ", she asks the counter question without looking at me.

I think for a moment, then say, "Good question..." I step down from the wall and position myself directly between her legs. I place my hands on the wall to her right and left, bringing my face closer to hers, but keeping a certain distance. It's time to tease her a little as I continue, "...do you want me as your boyfriend?" A wide grin spreads across my face as I look at her challengingly.
A barely audible, "What are you doing?" escapes her slightly parted lips as she raises her uncertain gaze and looks at me. I look at every inch of her face, every line, every eyelash. She is so beautiful.
"Asking you a question and looking at you," I reply with simple directness.
"Why?" she asks in a slightly quivering voice. I begin to smile as I tilt my head to the side and continue to look at her.
"Because you're beautiful. So, do you want to be my girlfriend?", I explain to her and my eyes continue to wander over her face.
"Y...you're crazy...you must still be drunk..." she stutters as she blushes and tries to push my face away with one hand and cover her own with the other.

I take both of her hands in mine and place them back next to her on the wall, but hold them firmly in mine. My gaze lingers on her lips and I can't help a grin as I say, "No, I'm absolutely sober."
"Then you're lying," she stammers, trying to avert her gaze from me. I put my finger under her chin and turn her head back in my direction, forcing her to look at me.
"You think so?", I ask her as I move her face a tiny bit closer. I feel her quickened breath on my face and her gaze on me. With a slow movement, I remove my hand from her chin and place it back on her hand, running my fingers over her hand.
"Mei, what would you like to do now?", I ask her after she doesn't give me an answer. Although I no longer force her to look at me, she can't take her eyes off me. Her breathing continues to accelerate and a deep blush spreads across her face. Only a few centimeters separate our lips and yet she does not retreat. Her gaze wanders to my lips and stays there. I follow her gaze, looking at her lips for a moment before looking back into her eyes.
"Do it," I whisper as my lips almost touch hers and I continue to gently play with her fingers. She bites her lower lip, a clear sign of her nervousness.

Slowly, she lifts one of her hands and hesitantly places it on my chest. Then she looks me in the eye and breathes, "Don't annoy me..."
I encourage her with a soft, "Dare you," and watch as she struggles with herself, as she swallows. Then she manages to move a little bit more and comes closer to me.
The next moment I feel her push me away from her, jump off the wall and shout, "You're such an idiot!" and with that she runs off. A big grin spreads across my face as I look after her and bite my lips.
"Damn, I love her," I whisper to myself as I look after her, slowly becoming more and more aware of my feelings. Then I run after her with quick steps until I arrive next to her and grin at her while looking at her.
"Don't grin like that, you idiot!" she scolds me as I step next to her. She tries to quicken her steps and walk away from me, but I stay by her side, grinning.
"I haven't gotten an answer yet," I continue to grin at her. She turns her head to the side and says, "Nope. Idiot." In response, I can only shake my head with a smile.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰