5

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Meiyo POV

I'm still listening to the discussion between Kenny and Mikey. My brother doesn't feel like going swimming at all, but Mikey is nagging like a little kid that he really wants to go swimming. Before I get another headache, I sneak back to my room to get ready and pack my bag. I talk to myself, "I need a big towel, a comb, sunscreen, clothes for after and...I think that's it, right?" I look to my bag and then around the room to maybe spot something else I need.
"Pack some more towels, we're coming with you!" a voice sounds behind me, making me wince. Mikey is standing there beaming like a child, he must have talked Kenny into it.
"Okaaaay," I say, and pack more towels.

It doesn't take long and then the three of us are on our way to the meeting place. The sun is shining hot from the sky and actually it is the perfect weather for swimming. To my left walks an overjoyed Mikey and to my right a Kenny who looks like he's going to kill the next person who approaches him. Inwardly I sigh, but I still have to smile a little.

A short time later we arrive at the meeting place, and that's when I see Hina walking towards me.
"You really came, I'm so happy!" she says and falls around my neck. This makes me more than just uncomfortable, so I unobtrusively hug her back.
"I told you I'd come...", I murmur softly, blushing slightly around the nose.
"You brought Draken and Mikey with you? How do you know them?" she states, and all she gets from me is a confused look.
"Draken?", I ask cautiously. Who was that supposed to be?
"I'm Draken," my brother now interjects. Draken, briefly I think about the name and have to start laughing, for which I only get a nasty look from my brother, who immediately silences me.
"That's such a stupid name!", I nevertheless state laughing. "But how do you know those two?", I then ask Hinata.

She tells me that Kenny and Mikey are friends of her boyfriend and that's how she knows them. However, her boyfriend seems to be sick today, which is why he is not there. I didn't even know she had a boyfriend, but how would I know? I didn't really have anything to do with her anyway. Another girl comes up to us that I don't know and falls around my brother's neck.
"Mikey, Draken, you're coming?" she asks overjoyed, literally pressing herself against my brother.
"Emma, you here too?" my brother says, even putting an arm around her. Is this his girlfriend? My thought is confirmed when he suddenly gives her a kiss. I guess the look on my face speaks volumes, because my brother just grins stupidly at me and leaves it uncommented.

The more I realize that everyone here knows each other, the more I feel completely out of place, which is why I remove myself from the group a bit. There are other friends of Hinata who probably know each other. If I had known earlier that the group would be bigger than I thought, I would certainly have cancelled. Now it's too late to back out. Eyes closed and through.

Again a little later we arrive at the swimming pool. It's so crowded that I don't feel like going there anymore than with this unknown group here. We look for a free spot and put down our things and spread out our towels. It doesn't take long and everyone disappears into the water. I look around and the area around the pool is bustling with families picnicking on the lawns, children splashing in the shallows, some sunbathing on the lounge chairs, and the sounds of happy chatter and water sounds filling the air. Surely no one would notice if I just disappeared now. "What are you still sitting here for? Come on!" a voice breaks through my thoughts, making me look up. Mikey is standing there, holding out his hand. I think about it briefly, but he fidgets with his hand in front of my nose and probably won't take no for an answer.

Mikey POV

I wave my hand around insistently in front of her face to get her attention. She doesn't seem interested, however, and looks at me monotonously, making it hard to interpret her thoughts.
"No, I'll stay here for a bit, go ahead," she sighs, shaking her head. She lowers her head and looks to the side. Something seems to be bothering her. To get her mind off it, I kneel down to her and take her in my arms with a bridal-style jerk. Then I force her to come along.

Immediately she starts screaming and tries to get away from me as I run with her towards the water. "Put me down now!" she keeps screaming, but I don't even think about it. It's proving difficult to hold her in my arms as she struggles violently and wriggles around.
"Let go of me!" she shouts again. It sounds almost desperate.
"As you wish," I grin and throw her into the pool with a jerk. I look down at her and see that she can't get back up, so I jump right in after her and grab her to pull her up. She takes a deep breath and yells at me, "Don't you ever touch me like that again without my permission!" and pushes away from me.
Confused, I look at her, and the people around us also look at us and whisper something. It doesn't take long for Ken-chin and the others to arrive.
"What's going on?" asks Kenny, immediately agitated, walking over to his sister. "Nothing happened! I just didn't want to get thrown in the water," she says rather quickly.
"I'm going to go now," she says quickly after and swims to the edge of the pool. I'm still overwhelmed by the situation. Did I do something wrong? "Mikey, what did you do!", Ken-chin asks me angrily, looking at me. I just raise my hands innocently. "Nothing!", I defend myself anyway.

Ken-chin follows his sister, and everyone else follows them too. A circle has sort of formed around the two of them, as each of us wants to know what they're saying.
"What happened!" he asks angrily.
"Nothing! I just didn't want to be thrown into the water. That's what I said!"
"I don't believe you!" says Kenchin.
"Then don't believe me, man! Now leave me alone!" they argue back and forth. Ken-chin doesn't let up either, though. I didn't know him like that. He keeps looking over at me angrily, but I skillfully avoid his gaze. "Listen, we'll have a swim meet like we did back then, and if I win, you'll tell me what happened and the real reason behind it! And if you win, I won't follow up," he suddenly suggests.
"I'm in!", I interfere now. That sounds like fun, and I want to be there.

Ken-chin just sighs in annoyance. What's everyone in a bad mood today?
"All right..." Meichin agrees quietly. I wouldn't have expected that now, but good! We go to the lanes and position ourselves at one lane each.
"Once there and back. To make it more exciting, the winner also gets to choose something that the losers then have to do!", Emma starts to tell and counts down from three.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰