39

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

For a while, I stubbornly refuse to put on the dress. It feels like I'm being forced to do it against my will.
"It will look good on you!" she keeps saying. Until she finally manages to coax me by literally ripping the clothes off me. A cold shiver runs down my spine as I feel the fabric stretch across my skin. With a sigh, I look down at the floor and wonder how the hell I got into this awkward situation.
She is now standing behind me, still tugging at the dress to position it properly. I feel her hands on my skin and can literally feel the tension in my shoulders as I slowly turn to look at her. Her gaze is expectant, almost admiring, as she admires the finished work. A spark of pride resonates in her voice as she says, "So perfect."
But something inside me stirs against this compliment. Annoyed, I just roll my eyes, unable to see the supposed perfection. I feel so incredibly uncomfortable in this dress, as it seems to smother me, each seam feeling like a tight corset constricting me. And the makeup on my face feels like a mask that disguises the real me. And to top it off, she sprays me with a perfume, which adds to my discomfort.

"Wow, Emma did a really good job on that one, it fits perfectly," she marvels. The dress is way too short - just to the middle of my thighs - and the lace at the hem scratches uncomfortably against my legs. It's far too tight, in my opinion, and my entire back is exposed and the neckline is also far too big for me. Suddenly, a flash snaps me out of my thoughts. Hina takes a photo of me and holds it out to me, beaming. Shocked, my eyes widen at the sight of the picture. I am horrified at my own appearance.
"Oh my God," it escapes me quietly as I look at the picture. Feelings of frustration and regret flood me. I feel ugly and uncomfortable in my own skin at this moment.
"Yeah, right?" she declares excitedly. "You look amazing!"
"No, that was an 'Oh my God, that looks like shit,'" I retort annoyed, dropping into a seat. I watch Hina hurriedly get ready herself and change. She's also wearing a dress, a pink one that fits her character perfectly and is definitely not as revealing as mine. I will definitely give Emma a telling off when we get back.

I wonder how I was made to put on the dress in the first place, when I do look at myself in the mirror. Was it my own insecurity that made me accept it? Or was it pressure from Hina, who was convinced it would look good on me? While I'm thinking like this, I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Hina.
"Ready?" she asks me with an expectant look, and I reluctantly nod. As we leave the trailer, complete attention is focused on us. I feel the stares of the others on me and immediately feel even more uncomfortable. The guys are sitting on the floor talking about something. Hina already gets compliments from her proud boyfriend in the first moment, who openly shows his affection. His eyes shine with pride and affection as he hugs Hina and says loving words, a little envious I am.
The other two boys look at me with incredulous looks, their facial expressions betraying confusion and surprise. They can't seem to grasp what they're seeing, and I'm not quite grasping it myself yet.
"Why are you staring like that?", Chifuyu suddenly interrupts the silence, snapping Keikei and Mikey out of their thoughts and adding, "She's not that pretty to leave you speechless."
Ouch, my already cracked self-esteem takes another hit and now says goodbye for good. Chifuyu's words have reinforced my self-doubt and I could just cry.
"Ouuuch", comes from Chifuyu as he takes a blow to the head and shoulder each from Kei and Mikey, which he holds painfully.

I turn around without a word and am about to go back inside to take this thing off. But at that moment, Keikei comes up to me and grabs my hand, forcing me to turn to face him.
A sly smile appears on his face as he says, "Well, if you weren't my best friend, I'd definitely be hitting on you right now."
He makes me turn slowly so he can look at every detail. As he does, he whistles softly and comments, "Looking hot already, best friend." Through his words, I can feel the blush creeping up my face.
After looking me over completely, he asks me, "A little revealing, aren't you?" and laughs lightly. I shrug my shoulders uncertainly and cross my arms in front of my chest. I just feel incredibly uncomfortable.
"Was forced," I finally whisper meekly, looking at him uncertainly. Suddenly, my best friend starts grinning broadly, which scares me even more. He gets behind me, puts his hands on my hips, and whispers in my ear, "I don't want you to get together, but you can still tease him a little." r pushes me in front of him until we're standing in front of Mikey, who hasn't taken his eyes off me since I came out.

An uncomfortable tingling sensation runs through my body, and I feel even more uncomfortable, pulling back even further inside. I would love to take off the dress and slip back into my jogging suit.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰