It feels like something terrible is going to happen

Adam's: POV

Jack and I went to the kitchen. Our children sat at the table and ate breakfast. Emily was feeding Kitty. Esme played with Scooby.

"Good morning kids." I said. "Morning dad and papa." replied Emily and Esme. Scobby barked happily. "Good morning to you too." I said and patted him. Kitty smiled happily at us.

"We're having a masquerade party at school today." said Esme happily. "That's amazing." I replied. "I'm going to dress up as Vanessa from the little mermaid." said Emily. "I'll be Snow White." replied Esme. "You two will have so much fun today." said Jack. "I'm so excited." replied Esme. "Promise to tell us everything." I said. "We promise." they replied.

Then I helped them get ready. Esme smiled happily when she saw her reflection. She really looked like Snow White. Emily was so proud of her Vanessa dress which she had made herself.

Then I drove my kids to school. They waved at me and walked in. I suddenly got an uneasy feeling in my stomach. It feels like something terrible is going to happen.

***

***

I drove to the town and stayed outside a vintage bookstore. I walked in and Kitty was overjoyed. She loves books.

"My new job." I said. Her eyes shone of happiness. "You're just like my sister, she loved books too." I said and she smiled happily. "You're too cute." I said and kissed her on her forehead. I turned on the radio to have some music to listen to while I worked. Instead it was breaking news.

"A school shooting has taken place at a high school. Several students and teachers were having a masquerade party when a person entered and opened fire. Twelve students have been confirmed dead, but the death toll is feared to rise." said the newscaster.

Oh no

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~