Pakin & Prapai Ch-3

Phra Phai was unspeakably excited but had to keep his head down and hurriedly walk in order to quickly pass the area where Pakhin was sitting

Mum!

"Oww!" The monk immediately touched his nose when he walked against the strong chest of a tall figure that moved to stand in the way. Looking up Phra Phai had a hot face when the other party was looking at him with straight eyes.

"I'm sorry," Phra Phai said moving back and pretending to walk away. But Pakhin moved to intervene causing Phra Phai to look at him again in surprise.

"What's wrong?" Phra Phai asked but tried not to look directly at Pakhin's face. Pakhin extended something over in his hand to Phai.

"Thank you very much for lending me," Pakin said, holding two baht in his hand.

"It's nothing," Phai tried to refuse to accept the money because he really intended to help Pakhin at that time.

"Two baht is money. Or is it worthless? " Pakin asked in a flat voice causing Phai to pause a bit before picking up the coin from Pakin's hand to hold it.

"It's valuable. I've never looked down on these two baht," Phai said, sounding a little turbulent but still did not dare to look directly at Pakhin's face anyway. Pakin lifted a small smile from the corner of his mouth.

"Good, thanks again," he said again.

"It's okay," the monk replied in a low voice.

"Where are you staying?" Pakin asked.

"The dormitory on Soi 101," replied Phra Phai. His heart was now beating like a tambourine. Phai was afraid that he would suffer a heart attack.

"Wait a minute, I'll go and send you off," Pakhin said, making Phai pause a bit.

"Uh.. never mind I can walk back alone," Phai quickly replied. Just standing and talking face to face, Phai looked like he was about to faint. But if walking together there is no doubt that he will die.

"Take it as a reward for the two baht," Pakin said in a normal tone causing Phai to furrow his brows in a daze.

"But it will bother Phi Pakhin in vain," Phai said. Pakin raised his eyebrows a little.

"Do you know my name too?" Pakin asked, making Phai pause for a bit.

"Oh.. well. I heard your friend call you," Phai replied in a low voice. Pakin nodded in acceptance.

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk with you?" he asked again. Phai immediately shook his head.

"I can go back alone," Phai hurriedly replied and Phakin nodded in agreement.

"That's fine. Please walk back carefully," Finished speaking, Pakhin raised his hand to lightly rub the head of Phra Phai and walked inside his condo. Phai stood still for a while. The warmth from Pakhin's palm that touched his head still lingered with him. Phra Phai pursed his lips a little before hurriedly walking to go to the flyover. He didn't dare look back and look at Pakhin much until reaching the middle of the bridge to turn around again. But he couldn't see the tall figure of Pakhin anymore. Phai held the shirt on his left chest. and then smiled uncontrollably

"I'm not going to wash my hair tonight," Phra Phai said to himself before walking back to his dormitory with a smile that spread from east to west. Phai could not resist calling his sister to tell her about the events that had happened earlier.

..............

Today is another day that Phra Phai goes to work in the morning. The young man left the dormitory to buy soy milk and Patongo that was sold on the side of the road before reaching the overpass.