Chapter 9

"I'll walk you to the faculty,” Joe said as he parked his car at the university this morning. Today, the two of them woke up to study quickly, so stopped by to eat near the condo before entering the University.

“I can walk by myself. I won't get lost," Graf said with a smile.

“I want to send you,” Joe said back. Graf smiled slightly but nodded in agreement. The two then continued to talk.

“Today we don't have to eat together,” Graf said in a normal voice.

“Why?” Joe immediately asked.

“Why would you walk so much distance to come to my faculty? It's just lunch, that's all. I'll see you later in the evening anyway,” Graf said. Joe sighed heavily, but he did as his lover said anyway.

"Should we cook suki for dinner tonight? I want to eat it," Joe said as soon as he remembered.

“Then you have to go back and buy fresh produce. But when will the classes end? That's the problem. I'm not sure if the seniors will call us to gather again," said Graf.

"Then let's wait and see," said Joe.

“Came early too, Graf,” Art's voice greeted.

"Woke up early so came here. Joe, you can go to your group. I'll just sit with my friend," Graf answered Art, before turning to speak to Joe. Art nodded to Joe as a greeting. Joe nodded back.

"Um, call me after school," Joe repeated, and Graf nodded in agreement before he walked separately back to his group.

...............
lunch break

“Are you going to eat with Graf today?” Fluke asked as he walked down from the school building.

“I'm not going, Graf won't let me go," Joe said in a normal tone. Fluke smiled mockingly.

"Then let's eat in the cafeteria," said Fluke, and Joe nodded in agreement before reaching for his pants pocket to retrieve his wallet.

"Oh fuck, where's my wallet?" Joe cursed when he couldn't find his wallet.

"Look carefully,  in case it's hiding in any corner," said Fluke. Joe went to the bench in front of the faculty building to search through his bag.

"Let me call Graf first," said Joe, picking up his phone and dialling.

📞(“What's up?”) Graf answered the call.

📞“Graf, is my wallet with you?” Joe asked his lover back in a strained voice.

📞(“Wait a minute, let me see,” ) Graph said back. Joe heard the noise on Graf's side for a while.

📞(“Oh, it's in my bag. Why don't you take a good look before you leave the room? When did you put it on?”) Graf's voice murmured.

📞“Oh right! Yesterday evening for sure. When I packed our bags, I threw it in and thought I'd take it out later, I guess I forgot," Joe said feeling relieved.

📞(“l wonder if You really forgot? Have you eaten yet?”) Graf asked back, although his voice was a little muddy. But Joe could feel the concern in Graf's voice.

📞"I have not eaten. I was going to eat and couldn't find my wallet," Joe said back.

📞( “Okay, I'll go give it to you. Today I rested early, I just ate a full meal too,”) Graf replied.

📞“You don't have to. I'll borrow from Fluke first and give it back in the evening," Joe said back.

📞(“No, you don't have to bother him, I'll come to you, that's all”) Graf replied. Joe immediately smiled. He didn't expect to see his lover's face during his lunch break today.