Pakin & Prapai Ch-16

"Phra Phai... Phra Phai...Nong Phai," Pakhin's deep voice called Phra Phai repeatedly causing the youth to startle slightly because he was thinking about the past.

“Yes, Phi Kin,” Phra Phai hurriedly turned to greet the tall figure.

“What are you thinking, I have called you many times?” Pakin asked.

“Uh... I was thinking that Aunt Jew's shop has been open for a long time. Since the time I entered high school grade 1,” Phra Phai said with a smile. He really misses Aunt Jew's restaurant but he lied to Pakin about his thoughts.

“Um, they opened the shop when I was in Grade 2,” Pakin replied because he remembered Aunt Jew's shop well. Phra Phai nodded slightly. Not long after, Pakin came and parked the car in front of the shop. The two got out of the car.

“Ah! Pakhin, isn't that right?” Aunt Jew's voice spoke up because she was familiar with Pakhin very well when the young man was still studying there.

"Yes, hello, Aunt Jew, " Pakin replied, raising his hand to pay respect to the shop owner. Phra Phai also greeted her.

"Have a seat, first, long time no see," Aunt Jew greeted with a smile. Customers were seated at many tables in the store. But a few tables were empty.

"What should I bring you?" Aunt Jew came to take the order by herself.

"Khanom Jeen Kaeng Tai Pla... Khanom Jeen Kaeng Tai Pla.." The voices of Pakin and Phra Phai sounded in unison causing both of them to stop and turn to look at each other slightly.

"Two fish curry?" Aunt Jew asked with a smile.

“Yes,” Pakin replied. Phra Phai sits with his face bowed slightly because he felt a little embarrassed to speak at the same time as Pakhin. One might think that there is nothing to be embarrassed about here. But when it is your first love, even if doing something or saying something along with the person we secretly appreciate being involved in that matter even a little, it can be very exciting and make you feel shy.

“What kind of drink would you like, Phra Phai?” Pakin turned and asked the boy.

“Plain water,” Phra Phai replied. Pakin then ordered water for both of them.  Aunt Jew then went to fetch Kanom Jeen for them. Phra Phai looked across the street to the gate of his old school which was now closed due to holiday.

“I miss school so much. I just left school for less than a year. I miss this place already," Phra Phai said with a smile.

“What about Phi Kin? Do you miss school?" Phra Phai asked back.

“ How can I not miss the old school? I miss the whole school and miss all the people here," Pakin said making Phra Phai's face flush with heat despite knowing that he may be referring to his friends and teachers. But Phai secretly imagined that the tall figure might be talking about him.

(what wishful thinking Ai Phai... Why would Phi Kin miss you? You don't know each other very well) Phra Phai scolded himself in his mind when accidentally thinking too much.

~~~