Pakin & Prapai Ch-28

"In conclusion, you didn't know about Phai's father, right?" Phra Phai's grandfather asked after asking Pakhin about some matters.

"I didn't know, I just learned from Phra Phai just now," Pakin replied. The monk's grandfather sighed lightly.

“Why is this such a mess?” Grandpa murmured.

"About the land matters, Grandpa doesn't think that I'm dating Phra Phai because of that, right? " Pakin asked because he didn't want to worry about it.

“I don't think so. Grandpa is experienced enough to see how sincere you are. Or do you think my old eyes can't see?" Phra Phai's grandfather asked again.

“You're not mistaken. I'll also show Grandpa the same thing. About the land matter, I just came to know before I came here. Because I had to take the documents to Khun Sorawit at the company and heard that the place he was interested in was Khun Grandpa's place. At first, I intended to talk to my father about this as well. But it doesn't seem to be in time," Pakin said in a normal tone.

“The two people who came with Phra Phai's father, are they your father and brother?" Grandpa asked again.

“Yes, they are my father and brother,” Pakin replied. Grandpa slowly nodded in recognition.

“But it doesn't seem to agree with each other,” Grandpa teased a little. Pakin laughed softly in his throat.

“There is a slight difference in opinions,” he said. Phra Phai's grandfather looked at Pakhin's face with still eyes.

“What's the difference? Tell me about it," the monk's grandpa asked with a smile. He didn't look as stressed as before. Pakin smiled slightly before telling his own story to the grandfather of his lover. Pakin only told the story that his father did not approve of his studies. But the matter about being kicked out of the house, Pakin didn't want to tell anyone right then. Because he didn't want his lover's family to blame themselves that the fact that he came to love Phra Phai was the reason why he had problems with his family.

.............

“Mom, what are you going to do about Dad?” Phra Phai asked his mother as he sat on the cot in front of the house. Today, Phra Phai's mother stopped baking for one day.

"I don't know either. What about Phai? Are you angry with me that I didn't tell you everything?" Mom asked Phra Phai back sometime.

"Phai is not angry. Phai understands," replied the young man softly.

“Pakhin is here,” Phra Phai's mother said when she saw Pakhin walking back alone.

"Are you okay, Pakhin?" Phra Phai's mother asked.

"I think I'm going to lie down and rest for a bit," Pakin replied, before looking at Phra Phai's swollen eyes. The tall figure smiled a little before raising his hand to softly rub the eyelids of his lover.

"Look, the eyes are swollen like kaffir limes," Pakhin said teasingly. Phra Phai's mother smiled a little.

"Because Phai cried," Phra Phai replied softly.

"Why did you cry? Don't cry. Phai must be strong. If Phai cries, Mother will also be worried," Pakin warned because he knew that his lover's mother must feel quite a bit guilty as well. Phra Phai turned to his mother. His mother gave him a soft smile.

“I'm sorry, Mother,” said the monk.

“It's okay, let me go see the kitchen stuff first. Pakin and Phai can sit and talk here," Phai's Mother said because she wanted her son and his lover to talk alone.