Chapter 18

"What do you mean by 'survive'? Do you mean death or what?" Joe asked back, Koh frowned slightly.

“I mean, how far are you going to be together?” Koh replied in a slightly annoyed voice because of Joe's pretence. He knew Joe understood what he was asking. But pretending to not understand.

"I can't tell you how far we can get together. When you said we can survive, I thought it meant dying first or not,” Joe said with a calm expression on his face.

"Oh, you can answer that,” Koh continued.

“I don't know. How far can the two of us go together? but I wanted to be with him as long as possible. I always feel that he is the right person for me. Even though it's a man with a man. You understand, right?" Joe said aloud.

"What if one day You're not sure thinking that he was not the one? If you think the path you chose was wrong," Koh continued to ask. Joe squinted slightly at Koh.

“you ask like this. Like you are hesitating whether it is a good idea to take this route?" Joe asked to confirm causing Koh to immediately feel flustered.

“No, I'm just curious, I saw a friend in my room who was like you. That's why I'm curious," Koh replied. Joe smiled slightly.

“Huh, just wondering? All I can tell you is that if you think of travelling on this route, you must have a strong heart and determination cause love between men, Although it is open in society now, the problems that each person has to face are different. Some people may have a path strewn with rose petals but for me and my partner, it was not. We had to pass through thorns from the very beginning of our relationship which eventually made our love stronger,” Joe said in a serious tone.

"Why?" Ko asked out of curiosity. That made Joe secretly smile because he became confident in his doubts.

“In the past, when the two of us just started dating, my boyfriend's parents were not ready to accept us. They didn't want us to love each other. My boyfriend and I spent some time to convince our family. Because how else will we survive in this society without our family's support? My boyfriend and his family are very caring but they needed time. And I understood that," said Joe. Koh sat a little quietly.

“You haven't answered me yet. That if you think that what you choose is wrong, what are you going to do?” Koh continued to ask the same question. Joe sat quietly for a bit before looking at him.

“The fact that I have chosen this journey is because I'm sure that I did not choose the wrong path. Even though I was young but I believe in my decision. If the two of us are going to break up, it means that the two of us are out of love. But I won't let that day happen. When I have chosen this way I will do my best every day. It's like the fact that I chose to study in this faculty. I have decided that I can study so I will try and do my best to study. Although during the course I might encounter some obstacles but once when I have made the decision, I will see it to the end,” Joe kept saying. Koh sat and listened quietly.

“But for some, if you think you can't survive with your decision to study in this faculty, you can just go to study in another faculty again. For some love is like that. When you feel it's not working, you have to start over with someone new. But as for me, I think it's a waste of time. When we decide to do something, we have to do it well until the end. This is my opinion,” Joe said in a serious tone. Koh let out a small sigh of relief.

“| want you to be able to go all the way to the end. Our team is not normal, " Koh said.

“So, should we talk about studies or love, brother?” Joe asked back.

"Both," Koh said immediately.

“Ahh Cheww!!!” Koh sneezed before turning to Brown.

“Brother Brown !! Can you let us go inside? What the fuck! Sitting and watching us. Or did you fall asleep?" Koh shouted to Brown who was sleeping on a canvas bed. Brown opened his eyes and looked at his watch.