Pakin & Prapai Ch-13

Phra Phai immediately looked at Pakhin's face when Pakhin said that he would help his mother make desserts.

"Phi Kin, what are you doing?" Phra Phai asked.

"This kind of thing can only be learned here. I want to learn from you," Pakin replied, with Phra Phai's mother standing and smiling.

"So Phi Kin doesn't have any business to go anywhere?" Phra Phai asked again. It's not that he didn't want Pakhin to stay. But Phra Phai was only surprised.

"The only business I have ...um... it's here," Pakhin replied before immediately turning to Phra Phai's mother.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" he asked.

"Oh, yes, in the kitchen," Phra Phai's mother replied with a smile before walking into the house. Pakin followed her immediately.

"Phi Phai, Phi Phai" Pluen's voice sounded along with running towards his brother.

"What?" Phra Phai replied to his sister.

"P' Pakin's car is here, is he really here? " Pluen continued to ask in an excited tone.

"Um, he went in to help Mom pick up stuff. P'Pakin will help prepare the desserts too," Phra Phai replied with a nod of his head towards his house.

"See, I was right with my intuition," Pluen narrowed her eyes and said with a smile.

"What?" the monk raised his eyebrows and asked.

"Why is P' Pakhin here? Why is he stuck with Phi Phai all the time? I wondered since the story of last night. And especially this morning, when he suddenly came to help you sell snacks even though he didn't have to help. Plus now he has come home and will also stay here to help prepare things," Pluen said as she thought causing Phra Phai to pause a bit with a hot face.

"Nothing. Brother Pakhin probably doesn't know where else to go," Phra Phai made excuses to himself so as not to try to read between the lines.

"He doesn't know where to go but chose to come here," Pluen continued. Pakhin walked out of Phra Phai's house carrying some belongings.

"See you again, Phi Pakhin." Pluen greeted Pakhin who sent her a soft smile and placed the items on the table.

"Phai, invite P'Pakin to cut banana leaves. Let me just go and get some things from Grandpa's house," said Phra Phai's mother.

"Yes," the monk replied before his mother left.

"Have fun, I'll go help your mother first, Phi Pie. When it's done, I'll come and help you," Pluen said with a smile because she just ran out to see who came. Phra Phai nodded in acceptance before walking to help Pakhin.

"is that your uncle's house?" Pakin asked when he saw another house in the distance but not very far.

"Yes, as for the house in the back, i.e. Grandfather's house," Phra Phai replied. Pakhin nodded in recognition.

"Where are you going to cut the banana leaves?" Pakin asked. Phra Phai turned to pick up a knife.

"In the banana plantation, uh, P'Pakin doesn't have to go and help," Phra Phai said in a soft voice. Pakhin stared blankly at Phra Phai's face causing him to avert his gaze for a moment.

"I said I'd help," he said in a low voice. Phra Phai looked a little at Pakhin's clothes.

"Well... I'm afraid that your shirt will get stained with banana rubber. If it's soiled, it won't go even if you wash it," Phra Phai said in a soft voice while looking at the branded clothes of Pakhin. Pakhin looked down at his clothes and then looked up at Phra Phai, switching back and forth