Chapter 17

Entering each base was full of fun. It's mostly a test of physical fitness and teamwork. For example, take a rope tied to a large outer tire and tie it around your waist. Then run and drag 4 tires on the sandy beach for the specified distance. There were many other games like this in which Joe's group had passed well in every base and got signed by almost all of the base leaders. Only one base remained Koh's base, which Joe's group kept as the final outpost.

“It's three o'clock in the afternoon. Are you going to go to them?” asked Fluke. Joe looked at Koh's base. It can be guessed that they had to swim to a buoy that floats not too far from shore to collect the flag to send to the seniors.

"Let's go ahead and get it done," Joe replied. Then Joe's group marched toward Koh's base. Joe's group introduces themselves to the seniors.

“To complete the game, let's swim to collect the flag on the buoy over there,” Koh said, pointing to the buoy floating in the sea.

“The flag needs all the people to collect them. You can keep your belongings here on this side. You have to collect the flags yourselves. You can't ask your friend to pass them on to you and swim back to get the signature in 15 minutes. If the time is exceeded then you must be punished,” Koh explained again. Joe's group responded before Koh let everyone get ready by taking off their shirt and shoes.

“I can't take the notebook with me,” Joe said to his friends because he intends to take off all his clothes.

“So where are we going to put it? Senior said not to lose it either,” said another friend of Joe's.

“Now let's take off our clothes and then let's just hide the book in our clothes, " Aon suggested. Everyone nodded in agreement. So he took off his shirt and puts the notebook in the pile of shirts

“You guys are witnesses. I put it in here," Joe said, not loud enough. All his friends nodded in agreement before walking back to Koh's base again.

"We're ready," said Fluke. Senior made everyone stand and wait at the beach.

A whistle sounded. Joe's group quickly ran into the water and swam to collect the flag at the buoy. Joe and Fluke swim to collect their flags at about the same time. But when Joe turned to look at his friend, he saw that some had not yet arrived and had weak stamina because they have played many bases. Joe and Fluke turned to look at each other. before swimming to the friend behind. Then help each other support friends to swim to the buoy as quickly as possible. Now everyone has the flag in their hands.

“Damn it, I'm so tired, ” one of the boys from the group groaned.

“Be patient. Swim back and we will be done," Joe said back, everyone nodded in agreement. before rushing back to the shore.

"Ugh, cramps," a friend's voice called out causing Joe to act instantly. He hurriedly turned to his friend who was trying not to drown.

“Hey, New has cramps, ” Joe shouted to the other friends and they quickly rushed to help his friend. The others also swam in to help and dragged him to the shore in chaos.

“You guys spend more than 15 minutes, you must be punished,” Koh's fierce voice sounded.

“New had cramps. He was drowning already. Can't you see it?" Joe argued.

“That's your business,” Koh replied, prompting Joe to stand up who was sitting on the beach panting.

“But it’s also your damn concern. In fact, you guys have to find a way to save us if these things occurred. If none of us saw or heard, Ai New would have drowned. Do you guys want to get on the front page of the news?” Joe asked annoyed.